£100 board of essentials

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    My ears prefer the Dark Matter over the Mojo, and I normally prefer overdrive to distortion. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Caline Orange Burst is a pretty impressive BB preamp clone that can be had for peanuts. Also the Caline Snake Bite reverb seems good for expansive reverbs on a budget. I'm not sure if the OP's description of "roomy" means a room reverb or a big one?

I actually think the hardest thing to find on a tight budget is a half decent compressor.  
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3048

I actually think the hardest thing to find on a tight budget is a half decent compressor.  
    I've got a Dyno comp clone that I'm not using. Nice picture of a dinosaur on it - it's a Dinocomp! - £30 posted. 
    Actually, I've got a couple of mini overdrives to that won't cost much - ones a Zendrive clone, the other's more of a distortion. I'll have a look when I get home exactly what model they are.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I'm not sure if the OP's description of "roomy" means a room reverb or a big one?
    Her definition: "It should sound like I'm playing in an empty leisure centre"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIves said:
    I'm not sure if the OP's description of "roomy" means a room reverb or a big one?
    Definitely worth checking the Snake Bite then, if you're willing to take the risk, can be had from AliExpress for less than £30 the last time I looked.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    VJIves said:
    Is it worth checking how much subscription to the local leisure centre would cost?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11799
    Roland said:
    Yes, something like a second hand GT-8 will give her all the effects she needs, plus tuner, wah and volume.
    Why did that get a lol?  I've got an old GT-8 it's a great bit of kit.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2205
    For the od I would look for a used bad monkey.
    Actually, I've got a couple of mini overdrives to that won't cost much - ones a Zendrive clone, the other's more of a distortion. I'll have a look when I get home exactly what model they are.
    I have a Tom's Engineering ADR-3 Dumbler:

And a Rowin LEF-601B Distortion:

£20 each, posted, or £35 for the pair.
    Thanks for the help/offers guys, I ordered everything yesterday so when they arrive in 20/40 days I'll assemble and post a pic of the board.
    What did you go for in the end?
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    If its mainly for recording. I'd definitely go with something like the mini toneprint pedals from TC electronics. Small, cheap enough 2nd hand, and versatile using the tone prints. I'd go for compressors in the DAW rather than a cheap one. They will probably sound better. Overdrive, the Vintage overdrive by Joyo is an awesome tube screamer clone, I think i got mine for like £18 off ebay.
    I'll post a pic once it's all here! Carrying on with this theme, is there a budget tuner people recommend?
  • Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
    I've got a Donner mini-tuner that continues to surprise me by being a lot better than my picthblack poly, it cost less than £20
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIves said: 
    I'll post a pic once it's all here! Carrying on with this theme, is there a budget tuner people recommend?
    Ooh, you tease!  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1196
    I sold a perfectly good Joyo tuner on ebay a while back. Damn thing only got £5 on auction. Wasn't worth my time walking down the post office for that.