Duncan Style Hot Rail Covers

What's Hot
Hi all.

Just wondering is anyone has 3 duncan hot rail covers in cream. I was wondering if anybody had any going spare? Or if anyone knows where I can get them from? DiMarzio and other rail covers won't fit, it's not for want of trying.

Any help and advice greatly received.

Warm Regards

Tim
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14459
    Duncan Rails pickups covers are glued on.

There was a period in the Naughties when the glue was notorious for failing. The cover would stay in position but the guts of the pickup would be rattling about in the bottom of the routed cavity. 

Nowadays, changing the enclosed plastic cover involves a certain amount of abuse. There is no guarantee of removing the plastic and glue without damaging the copper coils.

If you have white covers and wish to simulate the discolouration of years of use, ask a chain smoking friend to rub his or her tar-stained fingers all over the white plastic. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16725

If you have white covers and wish to simulate the discolouration of years of use, ask a chain smoking friend to rub his or her tar-stained fingers all over the white plastic. 
    Or alternatively, brush on a dark wood liquid scratch cover, leave a few minutes, buff off.  Easily reversible with white spirit too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the knowledge, I guess i’ll Just have to grin and bare it.
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    What dimensions are they? 
    I 3d print aged white rail covers, they may coincidentally be the right size for you.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk