Bridge Humbucker In Strat

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Thanks for all the comments! Listening to the sound samples etc I think the Custom Custom is more along the lines of what I'm after than the JB. From my ears it sounds similar to the JB but just a bit warmer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    tFB Trader
    i used mojo HB paf with his 60's middle and neck strat pickups,  that works really well imo  i did have a seperate volume for the paf and split coil, it was to balance between the pickups and then roll up the humbucker vol for lead tones
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    Hot PAF with A2 magnet = Duncan Custom Custom. Not as hot as a JB, tight bass, lots of mids, smooth treble.
    Top shout. Very good for maple necked guitars - loads of mids with a sweet treble. My Floydy bitsa has one atm. 

The Oil City Nightfighter Custom A2 is a great alternative. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Thanks everyone for their comments, I’ve been playing around with my mxr 10 band eq and I can dial out some of the frequencies I’m not keen on so just going to do that. Saves changing the guitar from its original form. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    If you change your mind and decide to change and want to try a JB, I have a cream one (SC sized, as per my profile pic) that will be up for sale shortly.  I like the sound of it, but I want to go back to singles.  
  • westwest Frets: 996
    ive been running suhr v60lp x2 and a lollar imperial bridge and ssc backplate for years in my T/A classic , very good combo ....