Bad experience on eBay with kpmg-jd-pennington - Buyer beware!

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1293
    mbe said:
    ICBM said:
    Simon_M said:

I won't put the seller's real name out there (although I'm quite happy for mine to be) but needless to say it ISN'T Justin Harrison. It is something quite typically Spanish.
    Don Quixote?

El Cid?
    San Miguel?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9676
    KrisGee said:
    mbe said:
    ICBM said:
    Simon_M said:

I won't put the seller's real name out there (although I'm quite happy for mine to be) but needless to say it ISN'T Justin Harrison. It is something quite typically Spanish.
    Don Quixote?

El Cid?
    San Miguel?
    ¿Qué?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    HAL9000 said:
    KrisGee said:
    mbe said:
    ICBM said:
    Simon_M said:

Don Quixote?

El Cid?
    San Miguel?
    ¿Qué?
    Manuel Labour
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    mbe said:
    HAL9000 said:
    KrisGee said:
    mbe said:
    ICBM said:
    Simon_M said:

Don Quixote?

El Cid?
    San Miguel?
    ¿Qué?
    Manuel Labour
    Jose Talkinabout?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    Just to say that I have a brown sunburst HSS American Special Strat in really very very good condition, with a new Hiscox case, which I'm planning to list this weekend. 

If you're interested.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370
    Simon_M said:
    having read your feedback earlier I can’t believe they’ve removed it....you said nothing untoward or broke any rules. 
    Yeah I was pretty honest about it. I don't really understand the reasoning either. If you email eBay customer services you usually get a reply around midnight suggesting those replying are not in our time zone and it can be a bit challenging having a decent dialogue. However, they are helpful and did a great job resolving this issue for me.
    That sucks. Why do ebay allow bad seller feedback to be removed? It sounds like it was completely justified in this case? 
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    boogieman said:
    Simon_M said:
    having read your feedback earlier I can’t believe they’ve removed it....you said nothing untoward or broke any rules. 
    Yeah I was pretty honest about it. I don't really understand the reasoning either. If you email eBay customer services you usually get a reply around midnight suggesting those replying are not in our time zone and it can be a bit challenging having a decent dialogue. However, they are helpful and did a great job resolving this issue for me.
    That sucks. Why do ebay allow bad seller feedback to be removed? It sounds like it was completely justified in this case? 
    They remove it if you leave agressive feedback. ie. a personal attack or swearing. 

The OP’s feedback was a standard “negative” feedback I can’t believe it got removed. 

Maybe ill try and have my sole neg feedback removed! 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    I think if you open a case, and the case is subsequently resolved (i.e. you return the item and get a refund) then the seller can have the negative removed.
    In the past I've been able to leave negative FB on items where I had opened a dispute, then later got a refund, but now it seems the sale gets nulled out somehow, so any feedback is moot. Happened to me recently with a coffee table!
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    Did you mention the ebay case in the feedback? That is cause for removal iirc.
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Did you mention the ebay case in the feedback? That is cause for removal iirc.
    Nope. The feedback read something along the lines of (but not exactly because I forgot):

"Guitar unplayable. Seller lied twice. Poor communication. Ebay gave refund."
    rlw said:
    Just to say that I have a brown sunburst HSS American Special Strat in really very very good condition, with a new Hiscox case, which I'm planning to list this weekend. 

If you're interested.
    While all this craziness was going on, a chap local to me decided to slim down his collection and I picked up what I was after in amazing condition for a good price. I'm a happy chappy now. :)
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    Pretty sure your mention of ebay intervention will have been the reason for removal.
  • steersteer Frets: 1188
    A seller can  simply phone ebay and ask them to remove negative feedback, The feedback does not have to break any rules to be removed, the seller can put their side of the story and ebay will likely remove it. 

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1945
    All this just sounds like another reason to never, ever use eBay for items that cost more the 20quid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Necro-bump! The guy is now called kpmg-jd-pennington.

Avoid like gonorrhoea.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    Wish I had seen this thread a year ago.

I just went through six weeks of hassle with this loon after he bought a CS Tele from me. 

eBay sided with me in the end after checking him out (though obviously not enough to ban him) but he's quite the bellend.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Lodious said:
    All this just sounds like another reason to never, ever use eBay for items that cost more the 20quid.
    I do understand that (and I'm not keen on selling via eBay particularly) but every now and then you find a gem of a buyer. I suppose it's the equivalent of sticking your hand in the toilet every day and eventually coming up with a Mars Bar.

It's a pretty wide audience and unfortunately works for some things. I recently sold an L-5 Signature (after being offered £2000 by a well-known store) for £5000 just two days after it had gone on eBay. One potential buyer was from Hungary, but the eventual buyer turned up from Ross on Wye, we had a chat, loads of coffee, he played some of my other guitars, more chat, more coffee and he put the money in my bank there and then, and even paid the £1 commission fee. Lovely chap, and that makes it still just about worthwhile. 
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom