Favourite Chorus pedal

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788

My favourite of the choruses I've owned was the Ibanez CS9 Stereo chorus.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClassicClassic Frets: 40
    The MXR Analog Chorus is good and beats a lot of others but I found it to flatten my signal and it also chopped off some of the treble when off.

i got the Jam Pedals Waterfall and it’s significantly better for my needs.

i place Chorus in the loop, if that makes any difference?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    The one I use most of all is the Boss CE-3. I think it's sparkly as opposed to syrupy and is best used in stereo.
    I've lately realised that's my favourite too. I had one back in the 80s which I ran with two Marshall Lead 12s.

Not long ago I acquired another, and it instantly had 'that' sound I remembered... but not long afterwards I got offered an original Japanese CE-2 very cheap so I bought that, being the 'classic' model, and sold the CE-3. After a while I noticed that I didn't actually like the CE-2 as much, so I sold it for a good profit. I'll probably pick up another CE-3 at some point.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1846
    I love the dod fx 65 cheap and fat and lush
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PablocrackersPablocrackers Frets: 181
    edited April 2018
    Ended up getting a CE-2W as couldnt find a Jam or Julia, still wanna try the mxr also but for now pleased with CE-2W thx all. https://imgur.com/gallery/sHbsQoQ
  • I love the dod fx 65 cheap and fat and lush

Wizzes here. Best chorus pedal evaaaaaaa
  • polotskapolotska Frets: 116
    edited April 2018
    I’d also agree that the CE-3 sounds better than the CE-2—then again, I also prefer the DM-3 to the DM-2, so maybe I’m just a pervert.

The Maxon CS-550 is excellent as well—though I can’t understand why they made the very useful mix level control a tiny knob on the back of the pedal. The Maxon CS-9 Pro is apparently the same circuit but has the mix level (here labeled blend) in a sensible place, though I find the footswitch on the Maxon 9-series effects fiddly.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    As a long time CE1 owner, I flipped it as if in line, the preamp is always on which is a PITA.

But for Chorus, it's unbeatable and rightly the benchmark

As much as I love the TC SCF, the FTT Tri-Avatar is the game changer right now- it's bloody lovely and has the same liquid depth that the CE 1 has.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    Maxon CS-550

• brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    polotska said:
    I’d also agree that the CE-3 sounds better than the CE-2—then again, I also prefer the DM-3 to the DM-2, so maybe I’m just a pervert.

The Maxon CS-550 is excellent as well—though I can’t understand why they made the very useful mix level control a tiny knob on the back of the pedal. The Maxon CS-9 Pro is apparently the same circuit but has the mix level (here labeled blend) in a sensible place, though I find the footswitch on the Maxon 9-series effects fiddly.
    Funny you should say that, I have a CE-3 which I love, probably a bit more then a CE-2, also does a good impersonation of a boss VB-2, which is a bonus. I also have a DM-3, again great pedal. And the CS-550 is just about the best chorus I've used.