11 Strings On A Tele ? Great Results...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9538
    @wazmeister what's your view of the EB Cobalts vs regular EB nickel wound?
    Mate, like many of us I’ve tried a few combinations of strings...

Some of em have been disappointing and some average - but the Cobalts stood out and seemed to add a touch more chime, break up and fullness - if that makes sense.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    I like the sound of heavier strings. I have had 11s on my ASAT a few times, but my hands just can't take it. I have an ulnar nerve issue in my left hand, and if I play many bends with anything heavier than 10s (and really, tbh, anything heavier than 9.5s) I get injuries.

On the other hand, if I was just playing more jazz type material, with nothing bigger than half tone bends, I'd have 11s on it in a heartbeat, as I find heavier strings easier for everything else (picking, etc.).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dwheeldodwheeldo Frets: 65
     dwheeldo said:
    Went up to Ernie Ball 11s on my electrics a few years ago - Tele and es339 - and love them. The difference in sound from 10s is subtle, but real, and I still find I can hit bends without too much trouble. Having said that, I rarely bend more than a tone.

Oh OK, so we can't call you a big bender then? :o
    I’ve been called worse!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    I used to use 10’s on everything but I’ve gone down to 9’s. 

For some reason my skin tears under my fingernails easily and lighter gauge strings help. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom