Guild T-Bird. Nice Ugly?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• i use to have the cheaper dearmond version of that, actually very well balanced when hanging on a strap, i went through a stage of owning unusual shaped guitars 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    was probably a design that used up odd off cuts originally.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Yeah, that.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrumBobDrumBob Frets: 198
    I had two original S-200 Thunderbirds and sold both, then, two DeArmond reissues and sold those (they were as heavy as boat anchors), and now, two new S-200 Guild reissues. They are great guitars. Very playable. You might say I'm partial to the body shape, which I think is really quite elegant, but there's no question you either like them or you don't.

I reviewed the new S-200 in an issue of Vintage Guitar magazine last year. You can probably find it in their online archives.
    USA Guitarist/Drummer, semi-pro working musician, music journalist, author, radio DJ. 
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    Not my cup of tea. Do you think they could grow on you? Is it a “sit down” guitar?
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    equalsql said:
    AlexC said:
    Looks like the type of guitar Billy Gibbons, Bo Diddly or Jack White would play... Not necessarily a bad thing.
    My thoughts too were on Billy Gibbons and Bo Diddly using such a guitar. It looks like it could be really heavy.. it has a solid mahogany body.  Sounds sweet:

Trevor makes everything sound great!

• James Dean Bradfield played a black T Bird for two songs at the Llandudno gig last night. Looked better than a sunburst.  
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    not for me, looks like its been melted

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1843
    Looks weird on its own, but better when being played, where it has an organic vibe with some retro cool. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • samothy01samothy01 Frets: 33
    I love it, very flowing