Pro Co Rat?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Babones said:
    They were everywhere in the 90s, punk, Indie, Metal etc.

Pretty sure this is a Rat throughout.

Oh man, what happened to Elastica? What a great first album. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Thanks folks, I may build one from a kit......
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    The Fuzzdogs one looks good! Comes with options for all the popular mods as standard.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    TTBZ said:
    The Fuzzdogs one looks good! Comes with options for all the popular mods as standard.
    Thats the one I am contemplating building....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    paulnb57 said:
    TTBZ said:
    Thats the one I am contemplating building....
    If you are after a rat type, have a look at this:

https://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/Expandotron-ZZ/p847124_14658688.aspx

Expandora clone and tbh the best kept secret in overdrives!!!! Mild boost all the way to unusable farty fuzz... 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8493
    I've had a lot of rats, and they all sounded *slightly* different.

The Mooer one I had was close, but *slightly* worse than all the Proco Rats I had. Muddier low mids, less spank.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    Hate to correct anyone, but the fuzzy goodness on Song Two was IIRC a Shin Ei fuzz *AND* a RAT... I'm sure I read that the fuzz bass on that was the RAT too.

At the other end of the scale, Andy Latimer from Camel has used RATs for years for his sweet, singing tone
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4840
    Justin Hawkins uses a Rat as his solo boost, Whiteface reissue 85 I think? Also rumours on the net are that Peter Bucks core rhythm tone on WTFK? was Rat into Vox AC30. Plenty of 80s metallers used Rats into Marshalls too, Nuno uses one to good effect too I believe. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    So which one to buy for reasonable money new that’s correct tone wise? Hmmm
  • ColsCols Frets: 7025
    So which one to buy for reasonable money new that’s correct tone wise? Hmmm
    There’s a Little Bear Rattack in the classifieds for £25.  AFAIK, it has the mojo LM308 opamp and vintage, turbo and dirty rat clipping options.  

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/130318/little-bear-rattack-rat-clone-25#latest
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4555
    althy said:
    hotcake+ rat and the other way round great into a vox's normal channel
    Interesting
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    The mooer black secret?? Is a great RAT pedal for 25 squid used. 
    You can get rat reissued pedals used on eBay for 40-60. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Got mine modded, 3-way switch by Pedalmods (think they are out of business now?), can recommend it!
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    If you want a nice boutiquey one then the Jam Rattler is great. If you just fancy just messing with one then you can pick up a reissue Rat for about 40-50 quid. It'll at least be enough to give you an idea if it works for you and your rig.

People seem to love them with Vox type amps but no reason it can't float your boat with whatever you're using. I've had loads of fun with mine just hitting Fender style cleans with it and works great.