eBay Content: Another CC Quality Item

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    Plus, the classic of stringing the wrong way around the machineheads. 

When I first saw the pics, I thought it was the remains of a guitar that I once traded with you. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030

When I first saw the pics, I thought it was the remains of a guitar that I once traded with you. ;)
    And I still have it, though it’s a little...different.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    TFFT
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Would you guys say that it's a real usa strat? I don't know how to tell tbh.. Just thinking if it is it could be a bit of a bargain.. obviously needs a refret and probably a set up but assuming it does work like they say and you like the worn look then why not.. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Factor in £200 for sorting it out and it’s then worth max £525 so it needs to be a a max bid of £300 imho
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • strat1990strat1990 Frets: 25
    Plus, the classic of stringing the wrong way around the machineheads. 

I never understand how people can mess up re-stringing like that.
    "Pick your noses up!"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    strat1990 said:
    I never understand how people can mess up re-stringing like that.
    Ditto - seems completely counter-intuitive!

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72369
    edited April 2018
    Yes, it's real - and actually a slightly more desirable ash body one, so worth a bit more than a plain USA Std.

Or at least it was slightly more desirable before it had a fret dress using an angle grinder with the strings still in place...

sweepy is right about the price.

To be fair, the description is honest and there's no attempt to hide the problems - I think the blurred pics of the neck are more likely to be just incompetence.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    sweepy said:
    Factor in £200 for sorting it out and it’s then worth max £525 so it needs to be a a max bid of £300 imho
    Already at £330 with 3 days to go.

I guess if you're able to do a decent refret yourself then you could go above the 300 mark, but I'm not surprised, I see projects/repairs go for silly high prices on eBay sometimes, it's like some people get caught up in the winning an auction and buying things hype that they can't draw a line.