PS4 gamers - how does it work with multiple machines?

TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7482
Eh up.

Now I no longer live full-time with the kids, I'm going to get "another" PS4.

currently my PSN account is associated with Machine 1 - which is at the old house and is the one the boys use. 
I have PlayStation Plus and Machine 1 is where the games I own as a result of that are downloaded to and used by the boys (who have their own accounts, used on that machine.

If I purchase a new PS4 to have at my place, and log into it with my PSN ID how will i tall work - will I be able to download the PSN+ library games I own to Machine 2? If I do will the boys lose access to them on the other machine? 

I seem to recall that you make a machine the 'primary' one your PSN ID is registered to - I don't want to do that and suddenly any purchases I made on the other machine stop working/disappear

Anyone know how all this works? 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Right I am not great at explaining things on paper but will try.

me and my son have ps4s 

my lads console has my account with PSN as primary, that means he can play all my games and play online with his non PSN account. This does not affect your user/saves etc.. at all.

my console has my account as secondary, that means only I can benefit from my games and online.
  • And to add to that my lads console has his user to log in automatically, he never has to log in as me other than to download a game.. my account never gets touched on his console it’s just there so he benefits from my games/online
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7482
    ak ok - but your purchases / PSN+ games are available on both machines - it's just that on the 2nd one only to *your* account?
    Red ones are better. 
  • Yes that’s correct
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7482
    Fab - that'll work - ta 
    Red ones are better.