Cat advise please

What's Hot

Comments

• Ben8010Ben8010 Frets: 150
    edited April 2018
    ICBM said:
    Cats can detect when something is of interest to humans, and whatever it is becomes the most desirable spot on the world to lie down.

Also, whenever a door is closed anywhere in the universe, a cat is on the wrong side of it.
    They can be the most awkward and uncooperative animals in the world at times, but don't let that put you off because other times they are just spot on. That's one of the reasons why I love em.

They're like the Alfa Romeo or Lancia of pets.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2587
    @ewal excellent pix of excellent cats :)

bring back the Readers' cats thread
    Thanks - I'll pass on the compliments :-)
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • My current fluffball ranges from 100% aloof and wanting out all the time to staying in and sleeping on my lap being centre of attention and everything inbetween. Contrary little bugger! Wouldn't be without a cat though, even despite the little fuckers periodically breaking your heart by never living long enough.

The Doof!

No automatic alt text available

No automatic alt text available
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58
    cats are great!!, we have two black ones, easy to look after, when there kittens they do tend to run up the curtains and can SOMETIMES claw at the sofa etc, but all in all they are great company, and yes very calming, cats are great!!.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @littlegreenman ; doof has an excellent fur coat! you must feed him the right stuff
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553

Another plus one for cats. I've never had a kitten, all my cats have been adult cats from rescue places. I live in a flat so always make sure that the cat I am rehoming is from a similar background. Cats get used to routine, mine don't mind me going to work as they know when I will be back.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    A purring cat on your lap is wonderfully calming. And warm.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72469
    A purring cat on your lap is wonderfully calming.
    Until he gently and unexpectedly flexes his claws into your leg to remind you who's in charge...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5006
    edited April 2018
    @littlegreenman ;; doof has an excellent fur coat! you must feed him the right stuff
    @Phil_aka_Pip yep, spoilt rotten he is.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7040
    tFB Trader
    A quick comment about cat flaps.  The back of our house has double patio doors which are all glass so no place to fit a flap.  When we had them put in, we asked the builder to make a hole in the wall next to them and fit one there instead.  Works perfectly.
    Yes we have a cat tunnel through the wall.

My daughter had a cat flap put into a double glazed unit, so it can be done. When she moved out of the rented house we just put the old glazing back.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4714
    A quick comment about cat flaps.  The back of our house has double patio doors which are all glass so no place to fit a flap.  When we had them put in, we asked the builder to make a hole in the wall next to them and fit one there instead.  Works perfectly.
    Yes we have a cat tunnel through the wall.

My daughter had a cat flap put into a double glazed unit, so it can be done. When she moved out of the rented house we just put the old glazing back.
    I made my own cat tunnel through our back wall with a Kango.  What a palaver and what a mess.................
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    Sureflap
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72469
    rlw said:

Sureflap
    That's an excellent photo of my cat going into the neighbours' house to intimidate their cats and steal their food.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    rlw said:

Sureflap
    That's an excellent photo of my cat going into the neighbours' house to intimidate their cats and steal their food.
    One of the most embarrassing things that has happened to us was our next door neighbour ringing our doorbell at about eight on a Saturday night and presenting us with a roast chicken on a carving tray with the words "You might as well give the rest of this to the cat as  he's made a very good start on it"...................
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7040
    edited April 2018 tFB Trader
    We had neighbours who asked if we'd stop our cats going in their house and terrorising their cats.

I said I'd have a word with them.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    We had neighbours who asked if we'd stop our cats going in their house and terrorising their cats.

And did they listen?  Did they f***.
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268

It does sound like a fair request to be fair.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Garthy said:

I agree, but cats don't live by our rules. If you don't want them somewhere you have to physically prevent access. Steve's neighbours would be well advised to get a code-activated catflap which opens only when a cat wearing the right collar approaches it.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Garthy said:

I agree, but cats don't live by our rules. If you don't want them somewhere you have to physically prevent access. Steve's neighbours would be well advised to get a code-activated catflap which opens only when a cat wearing the right collar approaches it.
    If the neighbour had a cat eating bull terrier I'm sure the owner would be a bit more pro-active about controlling their own pets.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 627
    Our cat doesn`t have a cat flap but instead chooses to wake us up at 5:30 am most mornings after staying out meowing on the widow cill to come in............the fun never stops!!