Big Bends Nut Sauce

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8830
    thegummy said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Any of you Nut Sauce afficionados got a sticker they don't want?  Asking for a friend :D
    lol

I usually would have as I just bought a tube but I've recently decided to stickerfy my work folder so so far I have the Nut Sauce and that EMP \m/ logo that you have on your case.

Just waiting for delivery of a John Mayer sticker I bought that cost me 7 quid or something - that will be the centrepiece!
    Yes! Spreading the cult of stickerfication, one flat surface at a time!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13979
    I put my sticker on my nuts, is that right?

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I put my sticker on my nuts, is that right?
    As long as you left space to put the actual sauce on them
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3596
    JerkMoans said:
    I use it, it works, lasts a long time and I'm not a skinflint.
    Much more of that, and I shall be forced to rescind your invitation to the Misers' Club Annual Garden Shed Dance.
    FTFY.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    edited April 2018
    JerkMoans said:
    Any of you Nut Sauce afficionados got a sticker they don't want?  Asking for a friend D
    I sell it so have a lot of stickers...   if your 'friend' wants some he should PM me his address.

(I don't usually send stickers out with the mini luber because it's too big for the mini envelopes they go into).
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2616
    Rocker said:
    Why do some guitarists spend a couple of hundred pounds on a pedal that might get used twice during a gig, yet baulk at parting with a few quid for something that benefits them all the time but does not draw attention to itself?
    It's like saying why do some guitarists happily spend 4 figures on a Strat when they've got one already and they can only use one at a time, but baulk at paying £200 for a slice of toast when they're hungry and it would fill their bellies?

Answer: they think the toast is ludcrously overpriced and the Strat isn't.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    Surely it's as simple as them believing they will benefit enough from the pedal to justify the high price but don't believe they'll benefit enough (or at all) to justify the relatively low price of the lube.

Some others may think they're wrong about the pedal while some might think they're wrong about the lube so those people make different choices.

Having said that, I wonder if some people might be just looking at the tube of nut sauce and judging the price on a potentially misleading conception rather than thinking about the cost per month for how long it will last them and considering the actual benefit.

It can be easy to judge the value of something wrongly by thinking about it as raw material rather than what it gives us; as was similarly discussed in another thread about guitars costing more than the sum of their raw materials.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Rocker said:
    Why do some guitarists spend a couple of hundred pounds on a pedal that might get used twice during a gig, yet baulk at parting with a few quid for something that benefits them all the time but does not draw attention to itself?
    It's like saying why do some guitarists happily spend 4 figures on a Strat when they've got one already and they can only use one at a time, but baulk at paying £200 for a slice of toast when they're hungry and it would fill their bellies?

The toast is ludicrously overpriced though. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6842
    tFB Trader
    Rocker said:

The toast is ludicrously overpriced though. 
    The toast would sound better though...
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 556
    Always lube my Les Paul nut every string change with Shimano cycle bearing grease (bright green) applying it with a cocktail stick and have zero tuning issues.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I use Schumacher Moly Grease and cocktail stick also to apply it.  Works really well.  
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5006
    I use Schumacher Moly Grease and cocktail stick also to apply it.  Works really well.  
    Always lube my Les Paul nut every string change with Shimano cycle bearing grease (bright green) applying it with a cocktail stick and have zero tuning issues.
    Bet the tin of grease is way bigger than the neat syringe that Nut Sauce comes in. And you need a container for the cocktail sticks. But if it works.........
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

The per-use price of Nut Sauce is so low that an apt food analogy would be someone being outraged that an individually wrapped toffee is 10p when it's possible to make it for much cheaper then mocking anyone who'd pay the small amount of money for the ease and convenience
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 556
    OH YES............................I have a container for the cocktail sticks ! 

OH YES............................I have a container for the cocktail sticks ! 

I like that guy. Does he mind you using his javelins?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom