I made a meme...

What's Hot
Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
I'm not sure if memes or sh*tposts are discouraged here, but this is one of my biggest gripes, so I made it into a meme.

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Hmmm. It's a bit species-ist.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    FEELER
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    I have never encountered Anti-Neanderthalism before
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1779
    Someone near me is selling some pedals on facebook and have gone one step further and put "acceptable offers only" - as if I'm supposed to magically know what they'll find acceptable!
    Unless I'm missing a trick and they mean offers that are acceptable to me? Maybe I should £5 for all of them.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • I was in PMT the other week and on their Fender wall all tags say 'ask for price'. How annoying! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    I was in PMT the other week and on their Fender wall all tags say 'ask for price'. How annoying! 
    Yeah, that sort of thing really annoys me as well.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Jack_ said:
    I was in PMT the other week and on their Fender wall all tags say 'ask for price'. How annoying! 
    Not just annoying, I thought that's also illegal?
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    edited April 2018
    Octafish said:
    Jack_ said:
    Not just annoying, I thought that's also illegal?
    Aye its pissed me off recently. I just want to browse and know what i can afford before wasting someones time asking how much for each guitar on the wall! 

Aye I thought it was mandatory that retailers had to clearly display pricing except for antiques or summat.. 

I presume its a cheap tactic anyway, they’ll only ever give you the website price I bet. 

Up to them if they want to accept an offer on it. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • furtherfurther Frets: 88

From gov.uk

Rules for retailers

If you’re a retailer, you must display:

• the price of products - this must be in sterling (pounds and pence) and include VAT where applicable
    • the price of a single item (the ‘unit price’) for products that you sell loose
    • metric measures (like kilograms, centimetres or litres) for unit pricing - except for some products (for example, beer is still sold in pints)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    Jack_ said:
    Turn the tables and begin to ask the price of each and every guitar, one by one. Then go back to the first because you forgot, because it's not written and work through again. Same goes for online call for price over the phone.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7343
    WTF does 'meme' actually mean?

http://i.pokeme.com/meme/img/00ab.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    In the good old days, when the average age of internet users was about 20 years younger, memes were like 'in-jokes' specific to online communities. You had to 'be in the know' to get the joke and they were typically pretty funny too. I have no fucking idea what that word means now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    glynes said:
    In the good old days, when the average age of internet users was about 20 years younger, memes were like 'in-jokes' specific to online communities. You had to 'be in the know' to get the joke and they were typically pretty funny too. I have no fucking idea what that word means now.
    O RLY?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2018
    glynes said:
    Ha, ha, the term and concept of meme predates the 'good old days' of kids on the internet and was first used by some middle aged bloke. That's right kids there was a world before the interwebz o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • glynesglynes Frets: 131
    Octafish said:
    glynes said:
    Ha, ha, the term and concept of meme predates the 'good old days' of kids on the internet and was first used by some middle aged bloke. That's right kids there was a world before the interwebz o
    Well done - you Googled and found the Wikipedia article. I won't offer you a cookie for that because it's obvious that this discussion was about Internet memes.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    glynes said:
    Octafish said:
    glynes said:
    Well done - you Googled and found the Wikipedia article. I won't offer you a cookie for that because it's obvious that this discussion was about Internet memes.
    No googling necessary, not top secret knowledge ;)
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I get the words but I dont get what the images are of?
    The only easy day, was yesterday...