Horrible Boss HM-2 style noise boxes...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I actually gave away an HM2 and HM3 back in the early 2000’s! I’d just got a Mesa V-Twin and thought that Boss was beginner bullshit! Also gave the same kid a DOD Classic tube and a nobels Overdrive. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    edited April 2018
    Idiotbox Dungeon Master

It's a pedal based on both an HM-2 and an FZ-2 - so yeah it's pretty bloody gnarly.

Also the WMD Geiger Counter.
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    TC Electronic bought out the Eyemaster recently - it's essentially a two knob version of the HM-2, with the treble and bass controls set at maximum. Apparently it's pretty dead on for the Swedish death metal sound, but £50 for a one trick pony might be a bit too much.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6218
    tFB Trader
    I’m after absolutely destroying my guitar sound with pure chaos on a few things I want to write.

Do any U.K. builders do a good Boss HM-2 style clone? 

Ive been back into my Converge records again!

I've built the BYOC one. perfect clone of the HM2- I'm selling it on my ebay account.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192510928354
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2333
    ThorpyFX said:
    I’m after absolutely destroying my guitar sound with pure chaos on a few things I want to write.

I've built the BYOC one. perfect clone of the HM2- I'm selling it on my ebay account.

Cheers Thorpy! With your build quality this is currently a very good option!
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5018
    The boss ds1 is pretty good for that sort of thing. It is the middle guitar on lhp
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6218
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:

Cheers Thorpy! With your build quality this is currently a very good option!
    no worries, and remember ill do a deal on here.

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5018
    The Arion Metal Master and DOD American Metal pedals are also HM2 clones, and available considerably cheaper than an original. No one was remotely interested in HM2s in the late 80s until the Nihilist demo tape, and followng on from that the 1st Entombed album.

That's me using one in 1990. I didn't know what they had used but I just got one because it was evil sounding. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeeByrdTeeByrd Frets: 159
    I recently won an Anarchy Audio Deadwoods. It’s based on the HM2 but with a twist of FY2 Companion Fuzz thrown in the mix. I’m still getting to grips with it.........! Definitely makes horrible noises, though!