Texting at Wheel-Not sure if I feel good or bad about this.

What's Hot

Comments

• MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    If he hadn't have been sacked, he might kill someone.

Next stop, shop him to the roz. Mention that the coach company have CCTV.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11399
    If he hadn't texted whilst driving, therefore breaking the law and very probably his contract of employment, he wouldn't have been sacked.

• GassageGassage Frets: 31048
    Grunfeld said:
    Gassage said:

He was dismissed today- they had CCTV on the coach too and saw it...
     I am aware he's lost his job.

No driver should text and drive let alone a professional driver.
    I'm curious:  how did you find out that he'd been dismissed from his job?

Their HR Team emailed me to say they'd taken and I quote "the strongest course of action available to us."

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• NeilMcGNeilMcG Frets: 62
    100% well done.

I was out for a bike ride yesterday and I saw someone driving with their dog sitting in their lap. Some imbeciles have no sense at all and if I had a camera I would have reported them in an instant.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31048
    So, can I get some fucking clarity on this now please??

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3953
    Well-fucking-done.

That's one less murderer in waiting on the roads.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4055
    edited April 2018
    Gassage said:
    Grunfeld said:

Their HR Team emailed me to say they'd taken and I quote "the strongest course of action available to us."
    That's good feedback. 
    And it's good to know that the company acted to dismiss him.  It's an incredibly serious and wilfully dangerous thing for the driver to have done.  He's a f*cking idiot.  Other drivers hopefully wouldn't do it, ever; but this sends a clear message that texting and driving isn't tolerated.
    One wonders how the driver feels.  Unlucky to have been caught or realises the significance of what he did?  Guess we'll never know.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1764
    edited April 2018
    You did the right thing 100%

Well done on standing up to him properly and through the correct channels also. You say the guy almost failed to stop - a fraction of a second later he wouldn't have stopped and very possibly you and other people would not be here due to his stupidy.

The driver is 100% aware of the rules regarding mobile phones whilst driving - i doubt there's anyone of the driving age who can or cannot drive who isn't aware of the rules.

The amount of crashes we have on british roads due to people fiddling on their phones is insane and there have been some awful ones that have devasted entire families - i'm thinking of the A34 crash a while back where the lorry driver was scrolling through his phone. I travel that road several times a week and it could have been me.

If one of my drivers was caught using the handset on his phone whilst at the wheel i would 100% agree he should be dismissed. 

Yes the guy may now need to find a job and have some financial difficulties because of it - however that's a lot easier for a person to deal with than ending another person's life for the sake of a text message. Don't feel bad about it and alos don't feel good about it just feel that you did the right thing. 
  • Well done, 100% the right thing. I see fuckwits driving using their phones every day, as well as all kinds of other cockwomblery. Part of the reason I try and do the majority of my cycling on cycle or canal paths wherever possible.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    Nice one. I will have to look both ways on my way to the food bank now that fuckers on the scene.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5879
    Gassage said:
    Grunfeld said:
    Gassage said:

He was dismissed today- they had CCTV on the coach too and saw it...
     I am aware he's lost his job.

They bought him a 2015 Gibson...............................the Bastards :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4978
    edited April 2018
    Look up Tomasz Kroker.
    My thoughts exactly - if someone had seen and "shopped" him, then a family would be alive and he'd notbe in prison.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12448
    Yep totally the right thing to do, its shocking how many people i see texting or messing with their phones when i walk my daughter to school in the mornings. Most of the time they react with hostility if you call them out. Once had 4 lads jump out of a works van threatening to kill me.in the words of Morrissey,  I naturally fled. Women seem to be the worst for it though. Is fakebook really that important?
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11399
    Gassage said:
    Here you are:

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Gassage said:
    Meh. Snitch.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72903
    Grunfeld said:

One wonders how the driver feels.  Unlucky to have been caught or realises the significance of what he did?  Guess we'll never know.
    No doubt that he has been unfairly punished for something that "everyone does", that he wasn't doing anything dangerous because he "had one eye on the road" and that it wouldn't have been a problem if that self-righteous "cunt" hadn't shopped him.

Because that's what most of them think and say if confronted.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Would you still have reported him if he'd apologised rather than been all mouthy?
     If I'm honest I probably wouldnt
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4315
    Gassage said:
    Yeah, don't go to Greece. I've seen a coach driver juggle a phone conversation,  a fag and a coffee all whilst driving a mountainous road. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4351
    Would you still have reported him if he'd apologised rather than been all mouthy?
     If I'm honest I probably wouldnt
    I was going to ask the same question. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58
    You did the right thing, he didn't, it could of ended much much worse!