Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33804
    Yes, he is a lunatic.
    Have a look at his other items, especially shit like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Peice-Walnut-Wardrobe-Bedside-Cabinets-Chest-Of-Drawers-Dressing-Table/323229093988?hash=item4b41f49064:g:Dr4AAOSw43Ba3Ikz

People don't pay thousands of pounds over the odds for junk and tat.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58
    I wonder if the wardrobe has a strat body shape sawn out of the back?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9658
    The guitar is really new as I bought as an investment only but I’ve had to comply with eBay rules and list it as “new other”. The only marks (if you can call them marks) are a few tiny plec marks on the scratch plate, obviously created when guitarists have tried it in the shop as I don’t play.”

So, “used” then.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    “The guitar is really new as I bought as an investment only but I’ve had to comply with eBay rules and list it as “new other”. The only marks (if you can call them marks) are a few tiny plec marks on the scratch plate, obviously created when guitarists have tried it in the shop as I don’t play.”

So, “used” then.
    I bought a Ford Focus that the previous owner absolutely wrecked, but in my ownership I've not added any further damage. So basically, my Focus is new other.
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2959
    He bought a Custom Shop new as an investment? No one's going to believe that.  =)
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14304
    tFB Trader
    “The guitar is really new as I bought as an investment only but I’ve had to comply with eBay rules and list it as “new other”. The only marks (if you can call them marks) are a few tiny plec marks on the scratch plate, obviously created when guitarists have tried it in the shop as I don’t play.”

So, “used” then.
    exactly 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30929
    That is hooky. The Custom Deluxe has the champhered neck heel on the bottom screw. It just doesn't look right. Also, the Fender schallers have concentric circles in the back of the knob and the matching of the body blanks isn't CS quality.

Then when Fender do Birds Eye, the laquer is an amazing coffee colour- that is random and poor.

Then, that Fender logo inside the case....as hooky as hell.

Lastly, guitars that are custom shop custom ordered normally have this annotated on the certificate. That's a dull looking repro of a team built cert.

FAKE.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72471
    No, it's not a bit optimistic. 

It's completely ludicrous :).

I don't think it's actually a fake in terms of not being a Fender - the quality of the neck in particular looks right, as do most of the other parts - but I'm fairly sure that is not a CS guitar as it's purported to be... for a start, I doubt they would put a white backplate on a guitar with a black pickguard.

Interestingly if you Google 'Fender Custom Shop Deluxe Strat Lace Sensor', the first result you get is this -

https://www.lamusic.com/products/9238001611

But there are no pics I can see of original CS guitars with black Lace Sensors.

However, a bit further down you find this -

http://www.lacemusic.com/Sensor_Hot_Gold_Pickguard.php

So my guess is that it's simply a partscaster. Someone who doesn't know what they're doing replacing the knobs with Tele ones would explain the scuffing around them as well...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein