SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - original White Higher Fidelity Amp

nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
Well I doubt there's one available but I thought if you don't ask....

I'm looking for a 1955-62 White Higher Fidelity Amp.  Don't worry about the matching lap steel these came with originally I'm just trying to track down the amp.

I know I could just get a 5f2a Princeton and have pretty much the same amp but where's the fun in that.  

If anyone knows of one of these lurking around needing a new home get in touch.

Here's a pic if you don't know what it looks like and had always been wondering what that cheap looking fender knock off amp your Gramps has tucked away in his attic is about:

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Anyone even seen one here in the UK lately?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    Nick,

I've never heard of em mate, but if they are one of your recommendations, they must be a bit special...
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Nick,

I've never heard of em mate, but if they are one of your recommendations, they must be a bit special...
    It's basically a tweed Princeton 5f2a but with a few circuit changes.  It was made by Leo Fender in the 50s for his production manager Forest White and was sold with a matching lap steel.  It's not in tweed though and the finish is really thin so changes the overall tone of the cab.  

There wasn't many built so don't come across them very often so my only chance probably is to import one.  I could just pick up a tweed Princeton but being shallow I'd like a new colour scheme to enter the amp wall!
  • LuxxmanLuxxman Frets: 36
    Jay Rosen has one for sale in the US