6 Weeks Facebook Free

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10455
    Although I've got 200 odd friends on Facebook I only tend to interact with people I know in bands so my FB feed is all bands and not people posting photos of their fry up. For band stuff like who's gig'ing where and posting videos of gigs FB is great. 

Nothing needing that much server space and bandwidth is ever gonna be free though and anyone with half a brain wouldn't expect it to be. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Unfortunately I can’t leave facebook as my account is linked to the business page..

No personal account = no business page.

Facebook is what YOU make of it. I went through a lengthy period of being “political” and I can assure you along with religion it’s the easiest way of starting a debate/argument. 

Due to the nature of my work now I’ve chosen to surround myself with other people in the music business and customers that I became friendly with as they spec’d their guitars. I also have my family on there (all of the recently discovered family back home in Scotland). I don’t post religious or political stuff. If truth be told I have little interest in either. 

I also muted/unfollowed/unfriended the folk who posted non stop... meme after meme after political post after meme etc... you’d think they’d get the hint when no one engages with them on their post. But having said that, they’re using it as a release which is what people tend to use the internet for. 

When I reach for my phone these days it’s to post about guitars or answer customer queries. This is the only forum I use now as I haven’t got the time to move around various websites.

Facebook needn’t be full of drama. It’s up to you how much of the drama you want to see.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2417
    JAYJO said:
    DefaultM said:
    I stopped using Facebook about a year ago when I realised that I was spending my free time reading what people I don't even like have had for breakfast.

Its fucking shite.
    Ive had a bowl of porridge 2.5 mins in the mic. 800w full power and a cup of tea in a worlds greatest dads mug.

“Like”
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited May 2018
    Some of these posts are a bit silly, you're in control of what you see on Facebook, and it's very easy to tailor it it what you want to see, you make it work for you, its not hard. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470

I don't have the app on my phone.  When I got a new phone a few years ago, Android told me that Facebook wanted permissions to see my text messages, so I didn't install the app.

I just look at it on my computer in the evening - normally about 3 minutes.  I live 150 miles from a lot of my cousins, and my best friend when I was a kid is now in South Africa, so it's quite handy for keeping in touch with them.

There are one or two musicians who post up gig details as Facebook events as well.  That can be quite handy.

People like me probably aren't the target market though.

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2417
    Some of these posts are a bit silly, you're in control of what you see if Facebook, and it's very easy to tailor it it what you want to see, you make it work for you, its not hard. 
    True, there’s no denying it can be quite easily tailored to meet your needs; but by the time you’ve cancelled this or muted that, it ends up being a glorified email/sms service, which in all honesty there’s no need for. There are enough ways to keep in touch with others, but I guess to some extent they’ve been abandoned due to them not being as fancy as Facebook.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10455
    beed84 said:
    Some of these posts are a bit silly, you're in control of what you see if Facebook, and it's very easy to tailor it it what you want to see, you make it work for you, its not hard. 
    True, there’s no denying it can be quite easily tailored to meet your needs; but by the time you’ve cancelled this or muted that, it ends up being a glorified email/sms service, which in all honesty there’s no need for. There are enough ways to keep in touch with others, but I guess to some extent they’ve been abandoned due to them not being as fancy as Facebook.
    I find it automatically tailors it's self to your interest generally. If you only ever interact with people in bands and groups to do with music that's all you end up see'ing on your feed after a while .... which is good. Even the adverts generated around the site are triggered by browser cookies so that's all music gear as well. 
    Been a while since I've seen anything like Dobby's Corfu 06 album :) 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7373
    JAYJO said:
    DefaultM said:
    I stopped using Facebook about a year ago when I realised that I was spending my free time reading what people I don't even like have had for breakfast.

Its fucking shite.
    Ive had a bowl of porridge 2.5 mins in the mic. 800w full power and a cup of tea in a worlds greatest dads mug.

I'm more bothered by that last line.
    My concern is how can we both have that mug? 
    I'm not averse to having a Dad-Off with you, as the alternative is that my kids are lying scumbags.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I did this once, a few years back. I completely deleted my profile. Then I rejoined about a year later and didn't friend anyone, just waited for whatever friend requests came my way.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.