SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold £1100 PAUL REED SMITH 1997 PRS STANDARD 22 VINTAGE CHERRY DRAGON 1 Pick-ups

What's Hot

Comments

• slowpilgrimslowpilgrim Frets: 134
    Gorgeous this
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3223
    edited May 2020
    8 pics now showing so it’s either me or the gremlins. Agree with the comments above, that has a fantastic understated elegance; I really like it.
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 837
    Yep, love it, although at first I thought it had a solid metallic look to it (from the first 2 pics) a bit like the copper and blue colours they offered, but then the other pics show is as more of a classic trans cherry.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22987
    RevMatt said:
    Yep, love it, although at first I thought it had a solid metallic look to it (from the first 2 pics) a bit like the copper and blue colours they offered, but then the other pics show is as more of a classic trans cherry.
    Yes, I thought exactly the same.  Strange effect of the shadows in the cased shots.
  • LeiversaloneLeiversalone Frets: 344
    I had to re-do the picture so no not gremilins. It does appear different depending on the light and how you look at it, which is why I showed a few photos. In the flesh it is more of a Classic vintage SG type cherry red. I think it's the contours that can make the colour change. 
    Bumpster!
  • Hope i dont sound mad but is there a price shown?! I am on my ohone so could be a software thingy on my end...
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    It would have been great if you had sounded mad, but no unfortunately it was an error on my part, the price was mentioned in the comments but now it's where it should be. Looking for £1250 posted :) 
  • Back up to fund expensive Charvels . . .
  • Bump at £1200 before I make the fatal error of plugging it back in and then withdrawing from sale again . . .
  • £1150 for this tone monster
  • Final reduction £1100 takes this beauty
  • pruddprudd Frets: 662
    Bargaintastic price
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• Possible trade against a nice R8 . . ?
  • £1100 or swap for a cool surfboard, some masters of the universe figures and a bottle of whisky. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • After watching Let there be rock for the 100th time I'm keeping my SG and letting this one go as although this one actually sounds better it doesn't look like the devil
  • I really can't decide which PRS to keep out of this or my McCarty, 2 of the best PRS's I've owned (and I've had about 30) but not much love for the McCarty so I'll try putting this beauty again. It looks quite Christmassy and sound like an angel singing. Happy to post for FREE!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11939
    did you verify that they are Dragon pickups?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh yeah. I had them out before I bought it 2 years ago. I was specifically after them as they are my fave PRS pups. This standard actually has better sustain than the McCarty, but there are certain things I prefer about that one too. It's killing me trying to decide which one goes. Usually there's a clear winner/loser when I need to let something go.