Best place to sell higher end gear

What's Hot
sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 725
edited May 2018 in Guitar
Any advice,

I have a few bits listed here and there.

A few nice guitars and amps.

Loads of photos are listed. Detailed descriptions etc etc.

I seem to be getting a lot of people negotiating on a price, we agree on said price, then of they go. If its not the euro exchange rate, its to cost of shipping or they need to run it past the wife.

The fees on ebay these days are crazy and i haven't had much luck on Reverb for the reason above.

Are private forums the way forward or is it just part of selling used gear these days?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Reverb
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    As above :-)

i have a few higher end end guitars and amps for sale. I am coming up against a mass of time wasters. 

Asking for loads of photos then completely disappearing.

any advice 
    Surely the answer is to make the photos available without potential buyers needing to ask for them?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14465
    i have a few higher end end guitars and amps for sale. I am coming up against a mass of time wasters. 
    Such is life.

Gagaryn said:
    the answer is to make the photos available without potential buyers needing to ask for them
    Indeed.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 725
    Gagaryn said:

any advice 
    Surely the answer is to make the photos available without potential buyers needing to ask for them?
    you would think so, asking for gut shots of 2018 Friedman amp. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1739
    edited May 2018

any advice 
    So asking for decent picture on a guitar that your wanting a lot of money for is time wasting???????????

If you want to sell something decent you need to at least make an effort with the avert 
    And do you home work on realistically pricing the item to the current mark. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Gagaryn said:

any advice 
    Photos? Oh man, Sherpa_man would have to get his iPhone out and faff around with uploads and all that nonsense...  ;)
  • sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 725

any advice 
    So asking for decent picture on a guitar that your wanting a lot of money for is time wasting???????????

My listing are not short of photos. What i wont do it take amps apart to send gut shot photos to people that have no interest in buying amps.

Also people negotiating on prices then agreeing a deal then complain about exchange rates.

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1597

If it was a vintage amp then that's a legit request - to see if it has original parts, been modded etc.  On a new amp that's someone who is thinking of making a clone, or just interested in what that model looks like inside.