Bluesky to Bigsky, worth it?

zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
I have had a bit of a thing for reverb for a while now and am pretty sorted on that front, I love my Strymon Bluesky but was wondering whether it was worth upgrading to a Bigsky? Is it worth the extra spondoolies I'd have to fork out? What more can it offer me over the Bluesky? Your opinions and advice are greatly appreciated, thank you.
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What are you looking for that the BlueSky doesn't give you, mate?

If you're spending, check out the Ventris too. BigSky is stunning though.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    What kind of stuff do you play? 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    The Big Sky is probably one of the best pedals ive owned personally. 

The presets is the hige advantage, as well as brilliant factory presets. For example, the swell setting is one of the best I’ve used.

Unlimited potential with the Big Sky imho 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    In theory yes as the Big Sky offers much more (I own one) but it's whether you would need it. In fairness the Strymon demos will highlight the differences. I know people with both pedals on their FX board.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    Honestly if you're into your reverb then just having one to mess around with is probably worth it! 
    Red ones are better. 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    What are you looking for that the BlueSky doesn't give you, mate?

Hi mate, long time no speak. The Bluesky is superb but I just want, well, more! I want a few preset options that I can flick between, a couple of different ones for my Peter Green playing and a channel for messing about combined with a bit of delay (el cap) for, I don't know how to explain it but I just want to play mellow, chilled out noodly stuff if that makes sense. Sometimes I want to stop the formal practice and just get lost in a sea of reverb and delay!

Thank you to everyone for their comments so far, I'll give it some thought as it's a lot to splash out on for one pedal but I have pedals I'm not using that could go up for sale to help out. I'm loving everything I hear of the Bigsky, it's so tempting!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    I upgraded from Blue to Big a few years back and was amazed by the improvement in quality of the sound. The extra DSP power makes a big difference. You’re not just paying for extra presets and tweakability

• I never quite got the Big Sky to sound like my old Flint, and that sounded superb and would do for Peter Green stuff. I loved that pedal. Doesn't help you in this case, but worth thinking about, maybe.
    zepp76 said:
    What are you looking for that the BlueSky doesn't give you, mate?

Hi mate, long time no speak. The Bluesky is superb but I just want, well, more! I want a few preset options that I can flick between, a couple of different ones for my Peter Green playing and a channel for messing about combined with a bit of delay (el cap) for, I don't know how to explain it but I just want to play mellow, chilled out noodly stuff if that makes sense. Sometimes I want to stop the formal practice and just get lost in a sea of reverb and delay!

Thank you to everyone for their comments so far, I'll give it some thought as it's a lot to splash out on for one pedal but I have pedals I'm not using that could go up for sale to help out. I'm loving everything I hear of the Bigsky, it's so tempting!
    Go for it man, it's a fantastic pedal and has endless options and sounds in it. Great for lovely ambience.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922