Guns n Roses - Locked n' Loaded...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    I prefer Iron Maiden
    You can't compare Iron Maiden to G'n'R. 

They're both completely in a league of their own. Both excellent bands... Have seen Maiden live a few times and loved them. Recently got the Piece of Mind CD. 

In saying that, I only really like Bruce Dickinson in Maiden. Nobody else should be in Maiden... Got the X Factor album. It's OK, but, oh man it's not 'the same'. 

Bit like DC w/Axl - uh oh, that's the sound of a can of worms opening in the distance! 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    beed84 said:
    Why are they pratting around with stuff like this when they could be writing a new album? GNR are arguably my favourite band, but I wouldn't be caught dead paying £850 for something I would never use. Absolutely scandalous.
    +1. 
    It's sad now, and I'm a "fan." 
    They really should do a new album. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    beed84 said:
    Why are they pratting around with stuff like this when they could be writing a new album? 

I suspect the band have very little to do with something like this.There might be some permissions involved or a bit of press, but very little else, so it's not like it would take them away from a new record if they wanted to make one.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Fair one. Either way, I imagine the best part of the box set is AFD and everyone already has that. The rest is probably just 'filler' and a nice looking box. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    beed84 said:
    Fair one. Either way, I imagine the best part of the box set is AFD and everyone already has that. The rest is probably just 'filler' and a nice looking box. 
    Absolutely. A slightly better sounding version of an album you love is fine, but I've rarely been impressed with unrealeased stuff that bands put out for this sort of thing- nine times out of ten the tracks that don't make the album didn't deserve to make the album.

Sometimes the demos and work-in-progress things show you something interesting about the process they went through, but generally it's stuff you'd want to listen to once out of curiosity rather than anything you'd want to pay £850 to own forever.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    edited May 2018
    Shadow Of Your Love did get me a bit nostalgic for my "Special Brew down the park" years - a lot of great energy in their stuff at that time. Appetite is a great record make no mistake.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    I'm embarrassed for G N' R now. Too much reliance on the past. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom