Stereo rig..... compliment my AC30

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    danlpt said:
    Marshall jtm45?
    I'd considered a JTM45, I've always loved them. I'd go Bluesbreaker (Alex Rosamilia of Gaslight runs an AC and BB) but don't fancy the weight!
    Funny you should say that. I've got an AC30CC2X and a Bluesbreaker, and once experimented with one of those Radial Engineering boxes that splits the signal. Knowing that the Bluesbreaker can get dirty at gig volumes I toyed with the idea of letting the AC30 do the stuff that's better done clean (eg the delay repeats, chorusing etc) and the Bluesbreaker get on with the "straight" guitar amplification. I never got to try it live, but I'd be interested to know if anyone else has tried it.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    danlpt said:
    I've been looking how to do a wet/dry setup with my G2.

As far as I understand it, I set the volume insert to be after my dirt pedals, before my mobius and timeline. In the volume insert goes the Humdinger, and then take my dry signal from that to the amp 1. I then use output 1 to take my wet signal to amp 2

That way, both amps receive my dirt pedals, and only amp 2 gets the wet stuff.

If I'm only using one amp at home or at smaller gigs I just use the wet output.

Do understand that right?
    This is how I’ve been running my rig.

When running wet / dry the wet effects need the mix turned up much higher to get a similar level of effect as you would running one amp. For the times you want to run one amp eg at home or if a valve goes then all of your presets are extremely wet. This was a problem for me in rehearsal if a valve went microphonic and I had to go to using one amp. 

I toyed with the idea of a sum to mono box at the end of the chain or even a duplicate set of presets to combat this. I use a midi switcher so it means duplicate presets as backup for basically our bands full set. 

You can also also never be 100% wet in sound if that was something you may need. 

We've been on in a bit of a recording hiatus for a while now and my board has been dismantled; a rewire is due and I’m strongly considering abandoning wet/dry altogether and going back to dual mono, probably with my deco at the end of the chain so I can put a very short delay going  to one amp. I remember sounded massive before I started dabbling in wet / dry. 

If you have a switcher with a movable volume loop then that would be a workaround for the issues described but in short wet/dry is a bit of a headache and I seemed to spend a lot of time thinking of the best way to wire my board rather than playing 
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • danlptdanlpt Frets: 12
    edited May 2018
    The G2 has 2 banks, I could use one bank for my wet/dry setup, with the vol insert before the mobius and timeline, and bank 2 for a single amp setup with the vol insert at the end of the chain and just use the g2's output 1.

Yeah cool mate, it can sound glorious when everything is set up I was just sharing the potential pitfalls you may come across.
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • danlptdanlpt Frets: 12
    keir said:
    Yeah cool mate, it can sound glorious when everything is set up I was just sharing the potential pitfalls you may come across.

Appreciated mate. 
    Good luck with it mate, like I said it’s a bit of a headache at times but if you stick with it 2 amps together are amazing. I think as a 3 piece (I assume) you probably have a little more tonal elbow room which may make things a bit easier too. 
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    danlpt said:

As far as I understand it, I set the volume insert to be after my dirt pedals, before my mobius and timeline. In the volume insert goes the Humdinger, and then take my dry signal from that to the amp 1. I then use output 1 to take my wet signal to amp 2

Correct

keir said:
    danlpt said:

This is how I’ve been running my rig.

When running wet / dry the wet effects need the mix turned up much higher to get a similar level of effect as you would running one amp. For the times you want to run one amp eg at home or if a valve goes then all of your presets are extremely wet. This was a problem for me in rehearsal if a valve went microphonic and I had to go to using one amp. 

I toyed with the idea of a sum to mono box at the end of the chain or even a duplicate set of presets to combat this. I use a midi switcher so it means duplicate presets as backup for basically our bands full set. 

You can also also never be 100% wet in sound if that was something you may need. 

We've been on in a bit of a recording hiatus for a while now and my board has been dismantled; a rewire is due and I’m strongly considering abandoning wet/dry altogether and going back to dual mono, probably with my deco at the end of the chain so I can put a very short delay going  to one amp. I remember sounded massive before I started dabbling in wet / dry. 

If you have a switcher with a movable volume loop then that would be a workaround for the issues described but in short wet/dry is a bit of a headache and I seemed to spend a lot of time thinking of the best way to wire my board rather than playing 
    You play with an AC30 and vibrolux -you always sound massive

danlpt said:
    The G2 has 2 banks, I could use one bank for my wet/dry setup, with the vol insert before the mobius and timeline, and bank 2 for a single amp setup with the vol insert at the end of the chain and just use the g2's output 1.

danlpt said:

G2 has 8 banks unless you have an old chip version?  Ultimately it’s no hardship to turn down the mix on your delays if going through one amp unless you have a timeline or similar.  In which case make duplicate presets with a lower mix and name accordingly.  

Ive ran wet/dry for a good few years now and have had zero issues.  On occasion I’ve got single amp and again it has been the minimum of fuss.  I’ve found the setup to be extremely flexible
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14435
    edited May 2018
    Dodge said:
    I'd add another AC30 and have proper stereo, using pedals for the gain.
    If Rocktron evers keeps its promise to bring the Valve Sonic Top Boost rack pre-amplifier to market, combine it with a MESA 20:20 power amplifier.

Jump to 1:28

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Dodge said:
    I'd add another AC30 and have proper stereo, using pedals for the gain.
    This is what I'd do .. stereo rigs sound awesome.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!