House of tone pickups.

markjmarkj Frets: 914
edited May 2018 in Guitar
Anybody any experience with this brand, they were given a very good review in the guitar magazine. I have tried other top pickup winders. Bareknuckle, Oilcity and OX4's. But was interested if other forum members had given them a go.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    I’ve only played and used the house special 60s set and they are pretty superb. Not tried any of the others so can’t really comment but like you say recently reviewed by magazines and their “Tru PAF” seems to be popular.
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • SilhouetteSilhouette Frets: 0
    I have just had a guitar fitted with a P90 at the neck and a PAF in the Bridge position. They are fantastic. Very bright, but with a very sweet top end without any harshness. The PAF sounds great with any amount of drive. The P90 has incredible definition. I have been using both pups with a 500k potentiometer and am thinking that I will have 2 PAFs in another guitar but use a 300-350k to have a less bright alternative.
    Matthew at House of Tone is really friendly and helpful - he really does like to talk to customers about what they want.