Fit bit type things

Ladyprettydamned wants one.

She goes to the gym and cycles with me - main use would be music and tracking stuff.

What ones are worth considering? Cheers! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Mrs B went through this over a period of some years. Fitbit, Garmin, you name it.. I spent so much money. I reckon she tried 6 in as many months.

Finally I caved and bought an Apple Watch. She wears it every day and I have not heard a single word of protest or request for another one in 18 months. 
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Mrs d8m has a Fitbit blaze and it seems pretty good for the price.

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Ladyprettydamned wants one.

She goes to the gym and cycles with me - main use would be music and tracking stuff.

What ones are worth considering? Cheers! 
    If you want it for Music, it limits your choice. TomTom do one which allows music storage which is ok. I assume the newest Apple Watch allows this? and I think FitBit just released one that does it? 

Apple Watch is a bit style over substance (the GPS accuracy isn't great, for example), but if you use an iPhone, they're probably great. The Series 3 is obviously a huge improvement over the original. No idea what the battery life is like these days. 

I use a Garmin VivoActive HR which looks like a "thick" fitbit. It does everything except track open water swimming (although there's a hack for this so I can use it) and plays music (I do triathlons so can't really listen to music whilst running anyway).

I love it. I'd prefer something that looks more "watch-y" but they were way out of my budget at the time of purchase. 

If I ever decide to do an Iron Man I'll probably upgrade to the Garmin 930 which tracks everything but for now, it's great. I use it to track at least one activity most days (swim, run, cycle) and the battery life is ridiculous. Last at least 4-5 days (for example, I charged it Tues morning and since then have tracked a cycle (although only 6 miles) and a 10km run and I'm still at 79%). 

If I just use it "normally" and it tracks my steps (which it does by default), the battery will last well over a week. 

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    d8m said:
    Mrs d8m has a Fitbit blaze and it seems pretty good for the price.

I use a Blaze and really like it, but I don't use it for music. I link the blaze to my phone for GPS when out running, so use the music from my phone too. 

Very happy with the Blaze, but the new one (Versa) seems to have good reviews too.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24345
    I wear a Fitbit Alta HR.

As it hasn’t automatically transformed me into a racing snake, it just gets used as a watch.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • nanomannanoman Frets: 62
    Xiaomi Mi Band 2. Regularly on offer from Gearbest and the like for <£15 and seem to have all the features required. One charge lasts for over a month. No music but it will do all the tracking. Just no built in GPS
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    My wife has an alta which she likes, I use a polar V800 but I'm a serious athelte honest ;)
    I use my iPhone for music.