Odd facts about celebrities

What's Hot

Comments

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Bing Crosby was involved early on in championing the development and use of magnatic tape to pre-record his radio show. He also funded the early development of videotape.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    Skunk Baxter from Steely Dan worked for NASA and is now chairs a confessional advisory board on missile defence
    @maltingsaudio - I'm guessing you meant "congressional", not "confessional". 

Nevertheless I'm intrigued, thinking what a "confessional advisory board on missile defence" might do! B)

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    Les Dawson (when at home) used to enjoy a Chicken Madras, from the Shahi Grill Indian restaurant in Blackpool, which he would order by phone and send a taxi to collect.  I was often the taxi-driver.

Of course, the restaurant staff thought it was a wind-up - "Les Dawson!  Very funny!" - and never bothered getting the order ready.

In comes the taxi-driver - "Mr Dawson's order please!" - flurry of activity while they rush round getting it ready.

Still, I guess his curry was always fresh.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Bob Marley's dad was a white British guy named Norval Marley who served in the Royal Marines before working on a Jamaican plantation where he met Bob's mother.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Hailey Selassie spent most of his time in exile during the Italian occupation of Abysinnia in a hotel in Malvern, there is a blue plaque on the Abbey Hotel.

Fretwired said:
    Bob Marley's dad was a white British guy named Norval Marley who served in the Royal Marines before working on a Jamaican plantation where he met Bob's mother.

At one point Bob asked Paul Kossoff to join his live band but Paul was too unwell and suggested his American friend Al Anderson instead. Al also played on most of Peter Tosh's solo records. From what I've read in Anderson inyerviews Marley was incredibly mean with money - which Tosh wasn't so that was a better gig. 
    The other guitarist in the Wailers live British guitarist Junior Marvin who turned down a gig with Stevie Wonder to play with Marley. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    edited May 2018
    Tess Daly and Kiera Knightley used to work the opposite 12 hour shifts in the same factory. Tess worked 8am until 8pm, whilst Kiera worked nightly.

Keith Lemon and Jason Orange once performed with Harry Lime.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28380
    Peter Falk and Angela Lansbury had a running bet about who could commit the most real-world murders without getting caught. Peter Falk only made it to 7 kills before getting a serious reprimand from the LAPD, whereas Angela Lansbury recently claimed her 14,031st victim.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3134
    Nitefly said:
    Skunk Baxter from Steely Dan worked for NASA and is now chairs a confessional advisory board on missile defence
    @maltingsaudio - I'm guessing you meant "congressional", not "confessional". 

Nevertheless I'm intrigued, thinking what a "confessional advisory board on missile defence" might do! B)

Own up to where the bodies are buried?

www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285

Joey Essex has an IQ of 162.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 682
    Hailey Selassie spent most of his time in exile during the Italian occupation of Abysinnia in a hotel in Malvern, there is a blue plaque on the Abbey Hotel.

Fretwired said:

At one point Bob asked Paul Kossoff to join his live band but Paul was too unwell and suggested his American friend Al Anderson instead. Al also played on most of Peter Tosh's solo records. From what I've read in Anderson inyerviews Marley was incredibly mean with money - which Tosh wasn't so that was a better gig. 
    The other guitarist in the Wailers live British guitarist Junior Marvin who turned down a gig with Stevie Wonder to play with Marley. 

I used to work for Sarova who own the Abbey, had a few lovely weekends there thanks to a generous staff discount, even took the dog there. Lovely.

I believe everything on this thread apart from this.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453

@breakstuff needs a new keyboard with a working key for the decimal point.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Sporky said:
    Peter Falk and Angela Lansbury had a running bet about who could commit the most real-world murders without getting caught. Peter Falk only made it to 7 kills before getting a serious reprimand from the LAPD, whereas Angela Lansbury recently claimed her 14,031st victim.
    I once went to see Led Zep at Wembley with Angela Lansbury’s niece Gill. She was in my class at school. Mari Wilson was in our year too. 
  • BluebeardBluebeard Frets: 228
    England Cricket captain Stuart Broad has the highest score on fantasy football so far this week. There are over 5 million teams teams taking part. 

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453
    Bluebeard said:
    England Cricket captain Stuart Broad has the highest score on fantasy football so far this week. There are over 5 million teams teams taking part. 

Not even Andrew Strauss would be idiotic enough to make Broad the captain.  All the reviews would get wasted in his first over.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3080
    edited May 2018
    Beetlejuice (x3) star Michael Keaton's real name is Michael Douglas. Michael Douglas's real name should be Michael Danielovitch.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    Fretwired said:
    Simon Cowell started life as a runner in the film business. He polished Jack Nicholson's axe in the Shining ...
    Missed an opportunity there didn't you Jack?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    he was asked not to  'do it again'
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6138
    My grandmother  lived in Eastleigh where a young Benny Hill was her milkman .
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285
    crunchman said:

@breakstuff needs a new keyboard with a working key for the decimal point.
    What,you mean it's not true I'm sure I read it somewhere maybe Facebook Or was it YouTube Maybe the Sun newspaper No hang on it was my fat mate Colin 

Or Dave

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    I've served Al Murray at download and yes he does drink pints of lager. He never bought his glass back to the bar though.