Yamaha THR100 owners?

koss59koss59 Frets: 852
edited May 2018 in Amps
Wondering if anyone who has one of these has run it straight to a desk and not into a cab?
If so how good is the cab modelling? I’ve got some gigs coming up that I could do with going this route and I can’t use digital stuff with menus very well.
Cheers
Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9873
    You can load IRs to them i think so I'd imagine they are pretty good for this
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 852
    Thanks, Yeah I’d read that you can do all that but wondered what they sound like stock. I haven’t got time to be messing around with aftermarket IR’s etc I just want to gig it.
  • guitarmanglerguitarmangler Frets: 594
    There are no physical menus on thr100 to change the ir's. It's very plug and play.

To mess around with different ir's you have to plug it into a computer and then you have access to an ir loader ( and you can change the type of booster, reverb  and switch off and on the noise gate). 

The yamaha app comes with lots of different ir's to choose from or you can load your own, and where as this seems like a hassle, in practise it means you plug it once find something you like and then never touch it again. 

The speaker output jacks never have ir's on them, while the xlr outs do, so this means it's really easy to use instead of a mic on stage.

Also, when recording , I take the emulated xlr out and the return of the fx loop ( which doesn't have ir's on it) separately into the computer. Then I can mix and match speaker simulations after it's in.

Plus, it has a headphone socket ! Plug in headphones and pedalboard, silent practice.
    @guitarmangler thanks mate! Does it come stock with one of their IR’s loaded onto it already? If so do they sound pretty good?
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    BTW Thomann seem to have the THR100H for 299 Euro, due in stock next week.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • guitarmanglerguitarmangler Frets: 594
    edited May 2018
    koss59 said:
    @guitarmangler thanks mate! Does it come stock with one of their IR’s loaded onto it already? If so do they sound pretty good?
    Yup. It's got something loaded on the xlr's from the get go if you don't want to fiddle. The yamaha ir's sound pretty good, you'd probably want to choose which one you were after tho. I've always found it a little disconcerting for my 1x12 onstage cab to sound like a 4x12 through the PA. 
    Excellent thanks.