Anyone tried Axesrus T90 tele pickups?

What's Hot
JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 913
Has anyone tried Axesrus T90 tele pickups? They look interesting, has anyone got any views they can share?
My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NeilMcGNeilMcG Frets: 62
    Yes. I tried them in the CV 50's tele I used to have. They didn't sound enough like a Tele to me, a bit too dull and not aggressive enough.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited May 2018

NeilMcG said:
    Yes. I tried them in the CV 50's tele I used to have. They didn't sound enough like a Tele to me, a bit too dull and not aggressive enough.

Don't think they're meant to sound like a Tele, aren't they Tele shaped/sized pickups that are meant to be a bit P90 sounding?
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 913
    I'm after something that isn't quite so tele-ish so they may suit me.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • NeilMcGNeilMcG Frets: 62
    Octafish said:

NeilMcG said:

Don't think they're meant to sound like a Tele, aren't they Tele shaped/sized pickups that are meant to be a bit P90 sounding?
    Yes, I bought them to replace the stock pickups in my cv50 which I didn't like the sound of. They sounded different and ok, but still not what I wanted. Just personal taste though, I later found I like the vintage spec alnico5 sound best.

i can't say whether they sound like a p90, I don't have any p90 guitars to compare with.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited May 2018
    I've not tried the T90, but I've got a set of the Strat equivalent (S90s) in a Squier Strat. To me the S90s sound like a darker/higher output single coil, less Stratty, but not really P90. I have got some great sounding Axerus humbucker sized P90s in a Jazzmaster to compare with.

I've also got a CV50s Tele and I quite like the stock bridge pickup, the neck's a bit so so though. Have thought about sticking a real P90 in there, think the body's routed out enough to take one?