amp knobs point to wrong number

Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
I'm probably being really thick here but how do I fix the knobs on my amp so that they point to the right number? Do the pots need replacing? a couple of them are way off. on the lowest setting they point to number 6, instead of number 1. (there are no actual numbers, just dots, but you know what I mean)

The amp is an old kelly treble and bass 50w head with the chicken head knobs.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    They just need to be rotated, it depends on the exact type. But you should be able to remove the knob from the pot (there might be a screw, or sometimes it just pulls off, and then you can just replace the knob facing the right way.
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    Well, there is a straight part on the shaft of the pot where the screw is supposed to screw down to. I've just removed the knob and screwed it onto the wrong part of the shaft with the curved edge. I think it will be OK. It's the only way I can do it I think without performing amp surgery.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72668
    Well, there is a straight part on the shaft of the pot where the screw is supposed to screw down to. I've just removed the knob and screwed it onto the wrong part of the shaft with the curved edge. I think it will be OK. It's the only way I can do it I think without performing amp surgery.
    It's quite common for amps to have the 'flat' facing the wrong way to put the knob on in the correct position.

As you can probably imagine from my usual OCD, this is something that pisses me off greatly :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein