Chase Bliss Tonal Recall Red Knob v DMM

Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3476
Does it get close? As in, have the same brightness and chime and beautiful self oscillation?

The blue knob version was too dark for my tastes. But the description of the red knob intrigues me as it says it can get brighter...can it?

Cheers
Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7200
    It’s beautiful, I know that much. Only thing that’s laid a glove on my Moog. It does clean up a good amount. Love mine. 
  • Having heard both I would say the Chase Bliss is much darker and grittier than the DMM
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    check out the DOD rubberneck. 
    It has a tone control, and gain and modulation. Its a very good pedal. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    I also found the Blue knob very dark and also too gritty.

The rubberneck is alright, but I would not say it sounds like a DMM, much more like a Moog MF104, that can get a bit cleaner. The DDM to me has an unusually clean and clear delay sound for an analogue pedal with a lush modulation. The modulation of the TR was better in my opinion, so if the RKM is brighter, then I would for sure check it out.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7200
    I also found the Blue knob very dark and also too gritty.

The rubberneck is alright, but I would not say it sounds like a DMM, much more like a Moog MF104, that can get a bit cleaner. The DDM to me has an unusually clean and clear delay sound for an analogue pedal with a lush modulation. The modulation of the TR was better in my opinion, so if the RKM is brighter, then I would for sure check it out.
    I’ll try and do a clip or two soon.