What's Hot
NiallseroreillyNiallseroreilly Frets: 507
Any recommendations on these? 
Are they as premium as their pricetag?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    I've had two.

The first one sounded like ass - I was so dissappointed. It was noisy and only seemed to add very wobbly flanger to everything. Getting a chorus sound was difficult.

I returned it and then after a couple of years thought about it again and wondered if it had been broken. Got a 2nd hand one and it is gorgeous. It's quite a liquid sort of sound, the range of chorus and flange available is huge, though as always with the moogerfooger range alot of those sounds are quite whacky but it also does beautiful too.

It's not a pedal that I would advise to buy without testing. But mine is now a mainstay of my board for 2 years.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited May 2018
    I love mine. 
    It does most of the signature sounds you want then it has that additional Moog factor which takes the conventional sounds to the edge and waaaaaay beyond. 
    They work with anything as well. They're not guitar centric at all. Things really come to life when you have a few or the CP-251

Just remember that they are centre positive, weigh about 1kg (I used to have 6 on my board at one point, not fun carrying that up 3 flights of stairs in a pedaltrain hardcase), and they are a bit massive...

but none of that matters because they sound so damn good.  
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks guys
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12682
    Also worth considering the (much cheaper and easier for pedal board use) Minifooger Flanger and/or Chorus pedals.
    I've got the Flanger and it is rather lovely... plus I got it for a bit of a steal so its worth keeping your eyes peeled.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited May 2018
    It’s absolutely mental but does conventional sounds also. Not sure I’d buy one just for guitar though. If you plan on running everything through it like synths, vocals, samples etc. and are a bit of a tweaker then go for it
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1060
    I'm using it always on with a really subtle chorus. Overkill for something so complex but the circuit sounds amazing. I HATE chorus normally as well. 

Like the look of the mini but lack of a real blend control is annoying.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    impmann said:
    Also worth considering the (much cheaper and easier for pedal board use) Minifooger Flanger and/or Chorus pedals.
    I've got the Flanger and it is rather lovely... plus I got it for a bit of a steal so its worth keeping your eyes peeled.
    I got both of those and whilst they do different things, the basic sound is very similar.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I've used it to fatten up string synths and other key sounds. The Moog circuit makes everything sound really warm and nice. It's the same with the delay, midi murf, phaser etc... Well all of them apart from the freqbox
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.