That Pedal Show... cure for insomnia?

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 887
    AlexC said:
    There’s an Australian guy called In The Blues who reviews pedals. I like his channel. He gets it done in less than ten minutes. And because he’s on his own there isn’t any ‘crap Best Man wedding speech banter.’ Anyone else know who I’m talking about?

I like him. Genuine.
    +1 I also think he does a succinct good job.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hilarious post! It's quite hard to make videos, trust me I do them myself. But yeah one hour for a niche thing like guitar gear is OTT - I mean watch one for 15 mins then practice for 45 mins would be a much better use of your time.

That said they are informative if you want to drop in and out although I myself have only watched a few of them (mainly the interviews)  I prefer the likes of Tim Pierce and Pete Torn both cool sessions guys and both great players and I try to watch lesson videos much more than gear ones. Also the tearing up (crying) when they get a guest in is just creepy - I can understand it of you are witnessing the birth of your child or witnessing a beautiful performance of Chopin's Nocturne op.9 but someone playing some rehashed SRV licks through a dodgy Dumble clone I mean comon! What is the friggin world coming to.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7474
    Zoolooter said:
    AlexC said:
    There’s an Australian guy called In The Blues who reviews pedals. I like his channel. He gets it done in less than ten minutes. And because he’s on his own there isn’t any ‘crap Best Man wedding speech banter.’ Anyone else know who I’m talking about?

I like him. Genuine.
    +1 I also think he does a succinct good job.
    Shane somethingorother - used to watch his stuff, just drifted away for no real reason.

Also Just Nick us cool - again not watched much of it for ages must rectify that 
    Red ones are better. 
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    In the Blues "Guitar Search Saturdays" was a great series, except for that bloody horn!!!
    However his reviews seem to be the same old overdriven blues. I am desperate for more clean sounding reviews, with more than 3 chords.
    Nice guy though, needs to bring Guitar Search back. 
  • TimmyO said:

Shane somethingorother - used to watch his stuff, just drifted away for no real reason.

Shane Diiorio, based in Melbourne. Sounds much better on stage than YouTube.

http://www.shanesband.com/

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Zoolooter said:
    They definitely need to change things up a bit, as it's dull watch. All be it that their enthusiasm is 10/10.

Maybe sex things up a bit by introducing some Ring Girls like in boxing. They could score the pedals, or walk across the screen at 2 minute intervals warning us how much longer we have to endure it.
    Classy  :s
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    dindude said:
    TimmyO said:
    That people don't like it doesn't surprise me - there's loads of Guitar stuff on Youtube that I don't like - it's the obsession with complaining about it that does. There must have been a dozen threads on this over the last couple of years. 

They said originally (and since) that they play gear they are interested in, because they want to, and because they can. 

There's a subset of Youtube guitar stuff that is exclusively metal, or shredding, or djent, or... so I don't usually watch it. I don't moan because they choose not to focus on blues and classic rock tones.

Exactly, each episode gets 50k + hits and the comments section is probably the most coherent, respectful and well behaved of anything on YouTube. They have a very sizeable audience so reports of their impending demise seems unfounded.

Biggest thing that gets me though, people on here seem to think whatever musical genre they are listening to is superior to the blues. I’m not a massive blues fan at all but looking down your nose at someone’s taste in music is usually indicative of musical narrow-mindedness in itself, the big criticism labelled at the TPS guys. Convince yourself you’re on a higher musical plain by all means....
    This. Mick is clearly a SRV fan by his own admission but I don't think Dan is particularly blues based. He's more prog. If you mean they don't shred well ffs there's plenty of that out there to watch and I have zero interest in that and I suspect I am not alone. To me they would be in the kind of 'classic rock guitarist' mold. There are times when their snobbery winds me up a little but I don't think you can moan about what is their personal taste in music.