Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72485
    Left in car overnight...

When will people learn?

It's *Squier*, not 'Fender Squier'.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33805
    Don't leave gear unattended in cars.
    It isn't rocket surgery.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    ICBM said:
    Left in car overnight...

When will people learn?

It's *Squier*, not 'Fender Squier'.
    Not sure I agree here.

Story says it was given to him a long time ago and he’s now in his 40’s..  this could well be a JV.. in which case

Fender Squier it is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    octatonic said:
    It isn't rocket surgery.
    Especially if it's your most valued possession.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    octatonic said:
    It isn't rocket surgery.
    No - but it is brain science....
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1623
    As someone who lives around those parts I wouldn’t leave a car outside in Middleton let alone a guitar in the car. 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited May 2018
    A great show of sympathy.
    Let's be fair, in times like this it's not really helpful to point out how stupid someone has been. I'm sure the fella is more than aware. 
    We all do stupid shit from time to time, nobdy is infallible
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72485
    Bridgehouse said:

Not sure I agree here.

Story says it was given to him a long time ago and he’s now in his 40’s..  this could well be a JV.. in which case Fender Squier it is.
    The story says he's 46 and had it from new for his 15th birthday, so it's 31 years old or at most 32, which makes it an '86 or '87. So not a JV, and definitely not one of the very early ones with Fender logos - and it was only the *very* first ones that did.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    Bridgehouse said:

Not sure I agree here.

Story says it was given to him a long time ago and he’s now in his 40’s..  this could well be a JV.. in which case Fender Squier it is.
    The story says he's 46 and had it from new for his 15th birthday, so it's 31 years old or at most 32, which makes it an '86 or '87. So not a JV, and definitely not one of the very early ones with Fender logos - and it was only the *very* first ones that did.
    It might have been bought 2nd hand.... they were still quite cheap used in the late 80s - I know, I had one ;)

was just saying that it *could* have been a Fender Squier given it was acquired in the 80s ;)
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6725
    Hopefully there's not a sticker covering the serial. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    soma1975 said:
    If there is, it’s Judge dredd
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    soma1975 said:
    There might be by now....