Paying for a guitar before shipping

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    So not even just any old R8 - which would itself be a bit too good to be true at under £2000 - but a 50th Anniversary Murphy Aged one, the going rate for which appears to be at least 4 to 5 thousand dollars, for £1800... and you wonder if it's a scam?

Shirley, you can't be serious.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DixieDixie Frets: 9
    Has anyone else sent a message to the "seller" asking if he'd ship it to the Shetlands and then see if he ties himself in a knot?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9637
    Listed on *London* Craigslist but actually located in Shetland? Aye, right!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 329
     I posted because I wanted to be sure...guess i learned my lesson not to post for advice here.....and don’t call me Shirley :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    Hydra19 said:
     I posted because I wanted to be sure...guess i learned my lesson not to post for advice here.....and don’t call me Shirley :)

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If Hydra19 really is your name...
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    edited May 2018
    Wow.... You got loads of help, one person made a bit of a joke (and has come on and said it wasn't serious)... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12906
    skunkwerx said:
    When I last looked it was like pushing £300 just for the return ferry with a car from Scotland to one of the Islands.. thats without the drive to Scotland too. 

wow that must be quite prohibitive for tourism and trade; resulting in quite a secluded population...
    Well, yes. Its a archipelago with a population of 20k over a hundred miles from the North coast of Scotland. Its as isolated as it gets! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1466
    skunkwerx said:
    When I last looked it was like pushing £300 just for the return ferry with a car from Scotland to one of the Islands.. thats without the drive to Scotland too. 

wow that must be quite prohibitive for tourism and trade; resulting in quite a secluded population...
    Well, yes. Its a archipelago with a population of 20k over a hundred miles from the North coast of Scotland. Its as isolated as it gets! 

Exactly! They're not a kick in the arse off the west  of Norway too!

This thread's been unexpectedly entertaining
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Hydra19 said:
    Here - https://london.craigslist.co.uk/for/d/2008-gibson-1958-murphy-aged/6560688952.html

Knock yourself out
    I think you can understand why I went for it and that I'm not a scammer, nor anything other than a guitar player. Thanks again for the genuine answers and help and the other ones you can go troll someone else now
    did you see that its a clownburst?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • humbuckohumbucko Frets: 179
    bloody love the internet