Quiet Klone

What's Hot
kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
Can anyone suggest a Klone that is pretty quiet? I currently have the RYRA which sounds great in all settings, fantastic pedal. However it can get pretty noisy in higher output/gain settings. Is this due to the buffer? If so is there any Klones out there without the buffer?

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I have a Ceriatone Ventura that seems pretty quiet but I would expect any of the established brands that do a Klone to be ok.

Apologies if I’m staying the obvious but have you double checked the noise is nothing to do with how it’s set up - non isolated supply etc.   
  • kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
    John_P said:
    I have a Ceriatone Ventura that seems pretty quiet but I would expect any of the established brands that do a Klone to be ok.

Apologies if I’m staying the obvious but have you double checked the noise is nothing to do with how it’s set up - non isolated supply etc.   
    Thanks John. I'm pretty sure everything is okay regarding isolation. I only use 3 pedals (tuner, Klone, delay) powered by the Cioks DC5, all isolated power supplies, Tele and Princeton reverb. The pedal itself sounds great but can be a bit frustrating with the white noise/hiss at higher levels.
  • Magnetic_EffectsMagnetic_Effects Frets: 135
    tFB Trader
    The noise is not due to the buffer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
    The noise is not due to the buffer.
    I assumed it may be the buffer as I've never experienced this with any true bypass pedals. Any suggestions for an alternative Klone?
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
    edited May 2018

I had the RYRA at the same time as I had a Helix and I preferred the Helix version (Minotaur). It was quieter for sure and sounded better to my ears.

I've also had the J Rockett Archer (silver one) and don't remember it being noisy. It's a pedal I wish I still owned and need to pick up again at some point.