Cheap DSLR for daughters - Canon?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    Budgie said:
    If they are interested in landscape photography, check out Thomas Heaton's channel on Youtube. In fact, there's lots of landscape photography channels worth a watch, Nigel Danson's is pretty good too.

You've probably just opened yourself up to much spending down the line too :D I find photography more GAS-dangerous than guitar gear!
    I moved up to a 5d in 2005 or so, and had some nice lenses
    On the advice of my semi-pro mate, instead of getting a Mk3, I moved to mirrorless, since I don't do high-speed photos
    if the kids get good at it, they can borrow my nice Fuji-X kit, I'll get a second body, etc.

As I anticipated, one of the new lenses was dropped onto a tiled floor within 2 hours of opening the box. Luckily, no harm done.
    That's why I wanted them at arm's length from my kit for a while, I'd just be a pain nagging them about dust and fingerprints.

I wondering about the new Fuji-X up-market models, but I need to start taking more photos to justify it.

I have a nice set of studio lights and a Lastolite hi-lite background, so once they get the hang of the SLR, I'll get them onto studio lighting too

I've just been through this and have upgraded to a full-frame Nikon D810 from a D7100 plus 'I had to buy' a new 24-70mm, so a bloody expensive week . I agonised over whether to go mirrorless with the superb Fuji XT2 and a couple of lenses to save weight or the equally excellent Sony A7R2 but as I had Nikon gear already, decided to stick with it. If I'd had Canon lenses, I'd have most likely bought Sony and used the lenses with an adapter. 

I always mange to justify this sort of thing one way or another! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11927
    I just saw an annoying advert in the Argos offers this week:

Same camera I bought 1300d and standard zoom, but with a 10-18mm IS lens as the 2nd lens in the kit, for £400 all in. 

those 10-18mm IS lenses are £240 each everywhere
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom