A burst owner at 24!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    Nice guitar, I'm sure, but... rich person playing instrument worth a lot because of who played it. *shrug*
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ATB_GuitarsATB_Guitars Frets: 214
    I know Matt, really nice chap he has bought a few higher end guitars from me over the years.

Never realised he was only 24! That means he must have bought his first 5 figure guitar from me when he was only 20...  Good to see the young uns getting into vintage. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14455
    All you need is cash. (It need not be your own!
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Hi
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    I’m pleased for him. He’s living the dream. 

Ive got many clients who have this sort of disposable money and whilst I can’t say I wish I didn’t have it they all have worked very hard or been incredibly smart in business to get what they have. 

Id like to say “the lucky bastard” but I’m guessing it’s not luck that got him that guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    Is that Eddie Large on guitar? I thought it was Syd Little that played? 

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    shaunm said:
    I’m pleased for him. He’s living the dream. 

Ive got many clients who have this sort of disposable money and whilst I can’t say I wish I didn’t have it they all have worked very hard or been incredibly smart in business to get what they have. 

Id like to say “the lucky bastard” but I’m guessing it’s not luck that got him that guitar.
    I think to rule out luck there would have to be a relevant proportion of people who now have that kind of disposable money but started off poor, although that's getting way beyond the realm of a guitar forum :)

Out of curiosity, I wonder if the guy is so rich that he doesn't even have to think twice about dropping a few hundred grand on a single guitar or if he just had a few hundred grand to spare (still rich by most people's standards obviously) and decided to spend a massive portion of it on the guitar.

Personally I'd have to have so much money that buying the guitar would make zero difference to my life before I'd even consider it. I just did a quick calculation to see how many very high end guitars (PRS Private Stocl, Gibson Custom Shop etc.) I'd rather have and it's quite mind blowing how many you could buy!
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    Matt is a lovely guy, who some of us met at an LPF meet up a while back. I do exchange messages with him occasionally and we're friends on facebook, so I see a lot of what passes through his hands. 

He has a particular interest in celebrity owned guitars, that's the reason we met him. He had flown in to pick up an ex-AC/DC guitar from Richard Henry. His most recent acquisitions are two guitars from Ace Frehley & Paul Stanley of KISS. There's pics on facebook of him standing next to each of them with the guitars.

Rob