"Not expensive for what it is"

What's Hot

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Not a Gil Yaron then?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72442
    I do quite like these, but even assuming it's had all the possible issues sorted out and with a nice example of the classic 70s MIJ case (which is yellow-lined, not orange), he's still asking almost twice its value. I could be wrong but I don't think these are as early as 1970 either - the maple with black blocks look is more a mid-70s thing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Stand not included.

I was really looking for one with the stand. So, I'm out.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14475
    I like how the top veneer resembles parcel wrapping paper.

What is it about mid Seventies junk guitars that causes their vendors to mistype the decimal point over to the right?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4187
    I like how the top veneer resembles parcel wrapping paper.

What is it about mid Seventies junk guitars that causes their vendors to mistype the decimal point over to the right?
    Because they weren’t mentally scarred by playing and seeing them when they were new. Vile horrid pressed laminate tops and single coils in a humbucking enclosure, just shiny firewood
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6140
    Mick Ronson used that one on Ziggy Stardust you know!  ;)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    equalsql said:
    Mick Ronson used that one on Ziggy Stardust!  ;)
    In what way? ;)
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    Piece
    Of
    Shit.

The
    End.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Piece
    Of
    Shit.

The
    End.
    That's not stopped you before.

When does it arrive?
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12375
    edited May 2018
    I wince every time I see a guitar related item for sale with "rare" in the title

Even worse "RARE SQUIRE STARTOCASTOR GUITAR SIGNED BY BLACK LACE, £1000 GET A PIECE OF ROCK HISTORY THAT CAN ONLY GO UP IN VALUE PLAYS BETTER THAN CUSTOM SHOP"
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    Bucket said:
    Piece
    Of
    Shit.

The
    End.
    That's not stopped you before.

When does it arrive?

Even I have standards, Mr. B! ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

"RARE SQUIRE STARTOCASTOR GUITAR SIGNED BY BLACK LACE, £1000 GET A PIECE OF ROCK HISTORY THAT CAN ONLY GO UP IN VALUE PLAYS BETTER THAN CUSTOM SHOP"
    Pics or it didn't happen. :-p
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72442
    HarrySeven said:

Be honest - it’s only the price that’s putting you off. If you found it at a car boot sale for a tenner you’d buy it :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    HarrySeven said:

Be honest - it’s only the price that’s putting you off. If you found it at a car boot sale for a tenner you’d buy it :).

True! :)