SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Marshall 2554 50w 1x12 Combo

What's Hot
Horatio_CaineHoratio_Caine Frets: 34
edited April 2014 in Amps £
I know it is surprising and I didn't think I would do this, however after some thought I have decided it is best to let my Marshall 2554 combo go.  Ever since I had a go with the one watters which I'm personally finding better in terms of what I can do and combine them with over time, I don't really see myself using or needing this anymore.  When it comes to a nice light portable combo that suits needs, my JVM1 does me fine and also has two independant channels.  I could also do with along with cash freeing up a bit of room to make way for other more portable stuff.

Anyway, the Marshall 2554 1x12 combo, this is the same as the Silver Jubilee from 1987 only made the year after in the normal black and gold colour and renamed the Anniversary Series.  Needless to say has a fantastic lead tone and sounds superb.  It has both clean and overdrive channels, however it is shared, my advice is to use it for it's overdrive.  Although you can get a reversible mod which adds an extra master volume pot (this replaces the DI output jack on the back) which enables you to balance them more easily.

All Pictures.

It was made on the 16th May 1988 and works fine and sounds excellent.  Overall condition for it's age is good, a slight tolex rip on one side and some general wear but overall it is nice.  Has two Mesa 7025 ECC83's and an old JAN Philips 5751 for the preamp tubes, the power tubes are Svetlana EL34's.

Has the original Celestion G12 Vintage speaker, which is a V30 that it is now commonly known as.  This is one of the first early ones from the 80's before they changed the name.  Has a half power switch to go from 50/25 watts.

I wouldn prefer not to post however I will do, may take a bit longer for me to get it securely packed though.  I am after £485 shipped.  PayPal or Personal Cheque.  Will only ship to the UK.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    Pm'd
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    Fuck- bargain. One of Bletchley's finest ever for Blues Deluxe money.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Did mr durka have this or is it still goin?
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Gassage said:
    True dat.  I sold my Silver Jube for well over 650 and that was considered a good price...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• Update, amp is on hold/reserved.
    If it doesnt work out me next please... :-)
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Gutted for you Stu - that had your name all over it (erm, if you see what I mean)

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fastboyfastboy Frets: 166
    McToot said:
    Gassage said:
    True dat.  I sold my Silver Jube for well over 650 and that was considered a good price...
    But yours was a true silver jubilee Jules. 

These JCM 800 custom series are a jubilee in standard livery but not as desirable as the silver tolexed ones and never fetch as much, however, £485 is still a very good price...
    Always the bridesmaid ! :-)
    Iv had 2 of these combos... Upsized to 2 slash heads and 4x12 and now im after a combo again.... My back cant handle big heads no more.
    Imho... Best amp marshall ever made.
    I had a slash head and miss it hence jumping on it quick ;)
    Enjoy bud... Can u pm me if u hav a change of mind sonetime in the future? :-)
    I'll shout you if I want rid ;)
    Ta bud :-)