Vola Guitars - Any thoughts?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    mkendall said:
    Jack_ said:

I kind of dig this.
    If you ever want to try one I can hook you up ;)
    How much does it cost?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mkendallmkendall Frets: 13
    Jack_ said:
    mkendall said:
    Jack_ said:

I kind of dig this.
    If you ever want to try one I can hook you up ;)
    How much does it cost?
    £2199
    edited May 2018
    dindude said:
    mkendall said:
    dindude said:
    I like the Origin as a take on the superstrat, especially as it doesn’t have a skinny neck. If they are £1100 for the Jap made ones and the quality is right, I think that’s very good indeed.
    Out of interest - which Origin models/finishes did you like? I don't have an Origin yet and I'm considering asking for one as a demo guitar...
    Actually looking again I think the Origin D neck would be too slim, prob the OZ would be more the ticket, really like the daphne blue, yum!

Nice choice... Here's the one I have.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/RpvBdU5tjrVpSdFG9

Love that guitar. It's currently out for review so hopefully you'll see it in print soon along with a Vasti!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Jack_ said:

I kind of dig this.
    Here's a photo in a more mundane setting... My sofa!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JO7dkPGGz4lgUvVw1
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    Thoughts on the website...

As you are a new brand, having to look up the guitars by name isn't great because we (the punters) don't understand the naming vs bodyshape.

I'd suggest putting a small thumbnail of each guitar next to its description. Or having a group picture explaining the bodyshape/name correlation would be good. Good for brand awareness.

I'd also suggest, as others have, that the use of English is poor - and a proper English description of each would be good. Also this can explain the ethos for each instrument  - ie made in Japan/US, explaining the USPs etc. Frankly the website looks/feels like one of those Chinese knock off sites - the sort where you buy a Chibson or a rebranded Mooer pedal for £11... it doesn't convey that these are expensive products.

As for the guitars themselves... well, they are 'distinctive'. And I'd say there are some awkwardnesses in the execution that would be acceptable in the sub-£1000 category but above that price, perhaps these need tidying up - for example the pink guitar pictured above appears to have a very unpleasant routing around the bridge pickup. I'm sure it looks better in real life but its a touch ugly and doesn't match the neck and middle - at this price point, it needs to. I like the modern metal/shred guitars far more than the seemingly willfully awkward reworkings of classic guitars - and I think these could be quite interesting. However, you are up against very stiff competition in that sector and I'm not really seeing a proper USP coming through - quality is everywhere, and isn't a USP. Ibanez make fabulous quality guitars at every price point... for example.

I'm genuinely interested to watch how this progresses for you - and having worked in guitar production in the past, I know how tough a sell it can be... and good on you for not getting flustered by some of the more 'robust' answers on here. :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks a lot! Really appreciate all of that and agree with most of it.

Will get better descriptions of the guitars over to them this week that match the wording we'll be using in the UK and I think your website suggestions are really good too and in line with my own.

Thanks for taking the time to have such a thorough look and for your comments. :)

• Interesting designs. Any retailers in West Yorkshire stock them to try out? Mainly an Ibanez guy here who's owned various high end ones.
    Guitar(s): Custom Gordon Smith Graduate, FGN Odyssey JOS-FM-M FBT, Ibanez RG6PCMLTD, Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Harley Benton Fusion Pro HSH Amp: Blackstar HT5-R MKII, Presonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers  | Effects: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe, Fender Marine Layer Reverb, Fender The Bends Compressor, TC Electronics Flashback 2, EH Hum Debugger, TC Electronic Polytone 3.
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    First of all, good luck, anyone who is starting up in music now deserves some support.
    The shapes aren't for me, a bit glam metal/80s/perms for me.
    The pink one is cute though.
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 142
    tFB Trader
    I think a lot of them look really cool. I know Rob Baker and I know he really like them too.
    I only briefly tried some out at a Guitar show in Germany recently but they played well. Good luck helping them out over here, more choice is never really a bad thing!

• Just watching a youtuber whose title is 'intheblues' and Vola are coming in his top 10 most underrated guitars. He's based in Australia but seems to like the guitars and reckons they are worthy of a look at least. 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    That pink one with lights is a monster. I love it.