SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Vintage Kelly 50 watt Amp Head - Rare, Selmer/Hofner (60s/70s) **PRICE DROP**

jlpmanjlpman Frets: 4
edited June 2018 in Amps £
SOLD: Vintage Kelly 50 watt Amp Head - £299

*Located in West London*

I'm selling a vintage Kelly Amplifier head.  They were made between late-60s/early-70s, but I'm not exactly sure when this one was made.  It's 50watt.

The design is like a Selmer Treble & Bass.......SS recto, EL34 power amp, 12AX7 preamp, 2x vol/treb/bass channels with hi/lo inputs, one labeled normal and the other labeled bass (like a BF Bassman).  It's a cool head.  Both channels are super punchy.  I don't know if they can be linked like the old Marshalls.  I've just had it serviced recently.

John Kelly was an employee at the British instrument company Selmer (& I think linked to Hofner too) in the 60s. He left to start his own amp company and produced some cool amps in London the 60s and 70s.

You can find more details about the company at http://www.vintagehofner.co.uk/selmer/kelly/kel.html

It was given to me and I'm selling it because it's louder than I need, (I'm currently playing a 15watt combo) and I don't own a separate cab.  I'd like it to have a good home rather than sitting in my cupboard.

Unboxed it's 53x22x22cm and weighs 13.4kg

If you're interested please PM me so I get a notification.  Thanks very much!

James

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments