SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: single EL84s

I've a Cornford Harlequin (single-ended EL84) and I'm looking for single EL84s. Anyone got any lonely lil' chaps going spare?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    I'm in the same boat (Carrera, though) and mine just blew its EL84 (the glass sheared away and everything).  I picked up an old Brimar on ebay for £6 last night (god knows what it'll be like) and am in the lead bidding on another two old ones... If I win those and they're working OK I might be able to let you have one...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• Ahhhh... I am watching the very same valves. That makes a lot of sense rather than getting into a bidding war. I worry with buying used, old, untested EL84s because of there propensity to crap out but If they're only a few quid then worth a shot.
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    I will have a look tonight as I had several old Mazda ones that sounded lovely in my Cornford Hellcat. Pm me tonight if you haven't found anything before.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Ahhhh... I am watching the very same valves. That makes a lot of sense rather than getting into a bidding war. I worry with buying used, old, untested EL84s because of there propensity to crap out but If they're only a few quid then worth a shot.

Don't worry - I'm not bidding any more for them (after having won the single valve last night) I think I put a max bid of summat like £14.31...

I wish I'd known about Mark's  - @photek - Mazdas... :)

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• photekphotek Frets: 1463
    @McToot if I find them I will send one your way ;)
  • Thanks Mark - I've PM'd you.

@mctoot - if I remember tonight, I'll keep an eye out and maybe push it a little higher... The Brimar preamp tubes I've got are great so I'd imagine they're worth a punt.