OLD BUT GOLD

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    Nothing to do with boutique snobbery - it sounds identical to the Timmy.  Everything to do with ripping off Paul Cochrane.

That said, I can't bear the knob positioning on that Dano range.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3023
    Having spent hours at the weekend playing me stuff, another shout out for the SD-1.

Just sounds right to me.

Every time I think about going full multi-fx, I play the SD-1 with the DM-2w and the itch goes away.
    I like the simplicity of this combination as well but what amp are you running in to and how is it set?  I find the sd1 into a clean Marshall jcm800 doesn't work too well but when it's a crunch tone or a fender type amp, it works great.
    Blackheart Handsome Devil Head and cab.

Run with a little grit and then add the SD-1.  For heavier drive I use a DS-1 and then stack the SD into the DS for lead.

I love this sound.

Cheers
    Thx,  this backs up my finding that the sd1 works better going into an amp with some grit on it rather than totally clean.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    Fuengi said:
    I'm going to speak up for the Boss Tera Echo, the TE-2
    Brilliant, brilliant pedal. 
    That's interesting. Every demo I've heard, it sounds horrible so I've ignored it, despite the othe pedals in that release being rather good. Perhaps I'll track one down, do you think it would work with bass?