For anyone who doubts the usefulness or musicality of an 8-string:

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534

That was bloody brilliant! I'd love to hear it played through an over driven amp with a good drum beat and chugging riff behind it, actually, just throw the whole book of cliches at it and it'll still sound good!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Six strings is fine by me. No offence to those who play 7/8 strings or enjoy the sound but I think it sounds like garbage. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    Lenny Breau: (playing a 7)

George Van Eps: (playing a 7)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Charlie Hunter does something that is easier to relate to but still very far outside my understanding or abilities 
    The 'no guitar is safe' podcast with him where he goes into Salsa and South American music was amazing, highly recommended.
  • westwest Frets: 996
    edited May 2018
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6171
    OK, useful, musical ... but no extra feelz?

Meh.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    Impressive and I prefer listening to him on clean stuff rather than distorted but Charlie Hunter and Trey Gunn are more for me if I want to listen to that sort of thing within the context of a song. Charlie Hunter on the D'Angelo stuff was just fantastic.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Tosin is a beast and I really liked the first 2 albums.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.