NGD Paul Richardson Guitars Custom built Strat

What's Hot
kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
edited May 2018 in Guitar
Just picked this up off one of the Facebook groups. I actually spotted this guitar about 2 years ago on the same Facebook group, the owner at the time was asking just a bit too much for it. Fast forward to this past Friday, it reappeared on the same group for a much more enticing price.

After a bit of conversation I agreed to buy, the only stumbling block was how I was going to collect. The seller wasn’t keen on posting and I don’t drive. We were struggling to come to an arrangement but I was determined to not let the deal fall through. So I said sod it, I’ll just come through on the train and collect in person. So I booked my train ticket and went and collected on the Friday afternoon. 6 and a half hour round trip on the train (Carlisle to Shildon). 

I have to say it was all worth it, its an absolute beaut, and the build quality is as good as anything I’ve owned, it’s impeccable.

I contacted Paul before agreeing to buy it just to confirm it was one of his builds and to ask about the spec, his reply was:

The body, neck and fretboard is Shedua. It's 2.4mm stainless steel frets, Gotoh 1055 trem which was the best one they made. Schaller locking machine heads. DiMarzio Tone Zone (bridge) and I think it was a DiMarzio PAF plus in the neck. It has a coil top switch on the volume control. I think it also has a LSR roller nut.

I have to say it’s a bit of a beast, it weighs a ton and the neck is big and meaty which I’m rather enjoying. The sound is massive with sustain for days. I picked this up for £600 which I think was a bit of a bargain. I’m a very happy chappy. 

Anyway enough of my rambling on, here are the all important pics:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2kcplzhp1bwv80g/AADbl2TZSH-OTfila936q_DPa?dl=0

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    Cheap as chips at that final price, I know it was up for £850 from another seller, it will have been more than double originally.
    Paul is an incredible builder, his attention to detail is second to none.

I had my eye on this myself but was concerned about the weight.

Great score !! 
    #thebatesmotelband
  • BGG said:
    Cheap as chips at that final price, I know it was up for £850 from another seller, it will have been more than double originally.

Great score !! 
    Paul told me originally it would have been a 2k+ guitar. 
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    BGG said:

Great score !! 
    Paul told me originally it would have been a 2k+ guitar. 
    Deffo !!

#thebatesmotelband
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    edited May 2018
    Wow £600 is a steal. I have the very first SCR that Paul built, the one that was featured in Guitarist in 2009.
    It's a hell of a guitar and I wouldn't sell it on not least because it would never realise the "right" price in the marketplace.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    edited May 2018

• WezVWezV Frets: 16736
    I like shedua/imbuya a lot... but yeah, its heavy.   Smells beautiful when you cut it