Modulation pedal recomendations

What's Hot
mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
I don't really use a huge number of fx so I have to admit I'm a bit out of touch with what's available/good. I'm thinking about a single pedal to give a decent range of common modulation sounds. It will be used live into the front end of an amp so reliability/build quality and low noise are important.

the key thing also is size. I use a very small pedal board and am looking for something to go in a slot currently occupied buy a TC flashback delay so need something single Stomp box sized.

cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6772
    For cheap you can't beat the Ventura Vibe for leslie/chorus, vibrato and univibe tones.  
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 912
    edited May 2018
    Digitech Nautila for chorus/flanger, I have one and think it's great. The Ventura Vibe is great too.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Another recommendation for Ventura Vibe, particularly at current Thomman price of £70.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16300
    soma1975 said:
    For cheap you can't beat the Ventura Vibe for leslie/chorus, vibrato and univibe tones.  
    That's the one currently on special at thomann? 

The TC Corona chorus,IIRC, has flanger tone prints so with a bit of set up you could go between flange and chorus at the flick of a switch.

The ZCat QMod gets a lot of love, does different modulations. Mail order only so you don't see many around but not silly money. 

The tiniest, cheapest option would be the Mooer Mod Factory ( or other maker's equivalents). Based on YouTube demos does a couple of things well but some of it is dodgy. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • steersteer Frets: 1196
    Any Zoom Multistomp pedal. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2334
    line 6 m5

or if you want to get one pedal that willl remove any GAS for modulations then get the Strymon mobius.
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    The TC Dreamscape (Petrucci signature pedal) would be a good shout. Chorus, flanger and vibrato in one pedal. The obvious one would be the Zoom MS cause it does loadsa stuff just not to same standard. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6772
    soma1975 said:
    Yep. Paid about £120 for mine though!
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 328
    I have a Corona Mini for sale. And it's fine, with a decent mix of tones. But .... I definitely prefer the Ventura Vibe. :) 

The vibrato setting with the mix knob set right gives a chorus-like tone, and the Univibe and Rotary sounds are very good.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16300
    edited May 2018
    soma1975 said:
    soma1975 said:
    Yep. Paid about £120 for mine though!
    Given you a wow but consider it an ahh. That would be peeving. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 337
    A  Line 6 M5 for the classics or a Ventura Vibe for something different/cool/fun...I've got both on my board and they ain't going anywhere.
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3075
    A s/h Marshall Regenerator if you're on a tight budget.  It sound perfectly ok, if not particularly stunning, but I find in a live situation the finer details of modulation get a bit lost anyway. The vibe and rotary type chorus are the standout sounds for me.

The biggest issue it has is that it can be hard to see where the controls are set due to the chrome knobs.  Other than that it's solid and has an expression input if you fancy varying things on the fly.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    A Line 6 M5 or one of the Zoom Multistomp would do it.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I have a Zoom MS-50G for sale in the classifieds, great mod effects, you can also set up multiple (up to 6) effects in a chain in a single patch so preset 1 could be chorus, delay, reverb and preset 2 Flanger and shimmer etc, can also run amp sims so makes for a great back-up rig
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 952
    Plus one for the MS50G - I got one and then downloaded the new update so had the benefit of all the sounds from the MS70CDR too. Fantastic range of sounds - I use it for chorus, reverse reverb and a Boss Slicer copy. Saves space and a heck of a lot of money, and the approximations are good enough for my live and recording needs. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs