SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Marshall 2204x/1987x

Alfi27Alfi27 Frets: 52
edited November 2018 in Amps £
Hello,

I'll start with clearing up the title, which is slightly misleading. Obviously there is no such thing as a 2204x, but this is exactly what it would have been (on the inside anyway) if there was one. It was originally a 1987x, that now has been converted to a 2204 circuit, and it looks like a stock JTM45 from the front which I think is really, really cool! This has been performed professionally by a very competent amp technician here in Liverpool, message me for details. He also removed the FX loop and replaced it with external bias points, a 4-way negative feedback rotary switch and a bright push-push switch on the gain knob. I don't use it at all so I'm probably gonna have it reversed to just a regular pot with the 1000pf bright cap before an eventual sale. Should you want to do so, I have all the parts needed to put it back to stock, and he said it shouldn't take him more than an hour or so, to do. He also changed the power amp tubes, which are a set of brand new matched JJ E34Ls (have less than three hours on them). 

The reason why I'm selling the amp is that it's too "nice" for me, simply too low gain and I don't like to use pedals. I did consider to have it modded which I probably will do if I can't sell it, but it's such a nice amp (condition wise) I don't really want to do any non-reversable things to it. 

I'm looking to get £600 for it, which is lower than any JCM800 I have seen for sale, even 2203x's which share the exact same PCB and preamp section, as it's priced to sell. May be interested in trades, preferably some sort of hot rodded Marshall like a Friedman Runt 20 or even a Marshall 2525 with some money from your end, but no Mesas or anything like that. 

Dan Whitelock-Jones sitt bilde
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Alfi27Alfi27 Frets: 52
    edited May 2018
    Bump, price lowered to £600! And just so you know, I'm going back to Norway for a little more than three months on June the 4th, not desperate to sell before that but if you are interested you should get in touch asap as it is unavailable in that time frame. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom