SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Suhr-ted (sorted-No longer looking): Suhr Classic Pro/Antique (ideally HSS)

What's Hot
handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1007
edited July 2018 in Guitars £
As the title says :-)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    sound affects premier have a used one as do Peach i believe

• handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1007
    Thanks for the heads up. I was aware of the peach one. They seem a bit highly priced compared to a private sale price (based on what I’ve seen over the past year or so). 
  • AndrewMAndrewM Frets: 35
    I've a candy apple red SSS I'd consider selling/trading. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    AndrewM said:
    I've a candy apple red SSS I'd consider selling/trading. 
    I've played this one and it's a lovely guitar. Also, Andrew is a great guy to deal with.
    edited May 2018
    Still on the lookout. Cash waiting :-)
    edited June 2018
    Thanks. I’m aware of that one. It’s the one that @Anchorboy bought off @Zodiac51 just last week for £1350!

I was keen to buy it from Zodiac51 myself but he got there first while I was sorting finances. 

I asked to buy it off him (anchorboy) but he refused to sell to me unless he could make a huge profit out of me. Shame as it was exactly what I was after. 

I’m still in the process of hopefully working out a deal with @AndrewM who indeed does seem like a nice chap to deal with. 
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    edited June 2018
    I'll take comfort in knowing there is a big difference between sticking a guitar on gumtree for £1750 and selling a guitar on gumtree for £1750  

Oh yeh, it's perhaps not super clear that Rik isn't talking about me in paragraph 3 above ;) 
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    @handsomerik ;;I really was going to leave the conversation between us aside but since you've decided to air your dirty laundry in public on the forum I guess then "you're not done"

Let's get this straight. I bought a guitar - I own it - I decide what I do with it and if that involves selling it on then so be it.

My reason for selling is really none of anyone's business  - however I have been quite clear with you (and indeed @Zodiac51) on why I need to move this particular guitar on. I heavily discounted my asking price to you and offered to pack and dispatch fully insured at my expense (some £50 - 60). 

You stated that you couldn't afford it - I never refused a sale to you.

I actually RECOMMENDED that you bought @AndrewM ;;SUHR and also gave you the option that if you didn't get on with it (given it's SSS setup) that I would take it as a trade against my guitar AT A HIGHER VALUE than you would be buying it from Andrew.

Anyway .. life continues - @Zodiac51 point above is incredibly valid ... good luck
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2018
    I hadn’t intended to mention it on here either until someone suggested your guitar to me. 

You are right of course that it is yours and you’re free to do with it as you wish. 

Don’t make out like your doing me any favours with postage or guitar swaps though. What it amounts to is that you were only willing to do any deal if you could make £225 out of me. 

Anyway, whatever. Do as you wish. Life goes on. 

For what it’s worth @Anchorboy ;;;;seems like a genuine fellow to deal with based on his eBay and other guitars sold so I’m sure whoever buys it will be very happy with it.

I just found the lack of willingness to ‘pay it forward’ as most other forum users do pretty disappointing and I know some people on here don’t appreciate the ‘bedroom dealer’ approach. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    I just wanted to update his thread to say that @Anchorboy just private messaged me to point me to a suhr that had become available.

It isn’t actually going to work out due to location but I wanted to state publicly that despite my frustration at his earlier conduct he didn’t have to do that for me and I appreciated it. 

Ok. That’s enough public fretboard drama! Just wanted to leave the whole thing on a more positive note. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vincechu89vincechu89 Frets: 92
    Fyi @guitars4you has a classic pro for sale online but sss, however I think its priced competitively compared to other stores.

Thank you. I’ll take a look. 
  • @handsomerik I emailed Suhr to ask about changing an SSS to HSS whilst maintaining the silent system and they sent me a wiring diagram for how to do that. If you need it, let me know. 
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • vincechu89vincechu89 Frets: 92
    @handsomerik I emailed Suhr to ask about changing an SSS to HSS whilst maintaining the silent system and they sent me a wiring diagram for how to do that. If you need it, let me know. 
    Are Suhr SSS guitars routed for HSS?
    Yep. They are. Thanks @Jonathanthomas83 that may be very helpful. 
  • RandomGeckoRandomGecko Frets: 319
    @handsomerik I emailed Suhr to ask about changing an SSS to HSS whilst maintaining the silent system and they sent me a wiring diagram for how to do that. If you need it, let me know. 
    Are Suhr SSS guitars routed for HSS?

Don't think so, not the classic Antiques anyway.
    edited June 2018
    I’d be surprised if they’re not because the sss classic pro’s definitely are routed for hss.

Given that the classic antiques are also offered in hss or sss it would seem likely that they are.

In fact, I have heard that the classic pros are actually routed for hsh but I’m not certain on that. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33812
    edited June 2018
    I’d be surprised if they’re not because the sss classic pro’s definitely are routed for hss.

Given that the classic antiques are also offered in hss or sss it would seem likely that they are.

In fact, I have heard that the classic pros are actually routed for hsh but I’m not certain on that. 
    Suhr routes models of SSS differently.
    IIRC the way it works is the Antiques aren't, the Classics sometimes are and sometime are not, the Pros are.
    It is easy to check, of course.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    edited June 2018
    What Oct says and this was covered recently in another thread and I quoted John Suhr from another site saying he wasn't keen on 'swimming pool' routs and preferred the rout to fit the pickups it was meant for from the factory and not to take any wood away unnecessarily.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom