The Biggest Weekend

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    And all paid for by the license fee. These mega stars aren't doing it for free and they then charge for the ticket! 
     Isn't the BBC such a wonderful institution 
    If they're charging for tickets then surely it isn't all paid for by the licence fee? In any case, there's no Glasto this year so I assume this is mostly coming from the budget that would've gone on that.  

I can't quite believe we're on a music forum with people complaining about live music being put on on a huge scale in ANY format...

Quite an argument online about the costs. In the £millions by the BBC but about £3million in ticket sales and generates about 20 hours of TV. The cities were the events were held are reporting about £2million each in tourism revenue generated by this ( obviously doesn't directly offset the licence payer costs). Compared to £60million per annum for football rights for the BBC arguably this is small potatoes. Live music isn't well represented on paid for channels ( unlike football) so it feels within their remit and apart from the Daily Mail and Flink generally considered to be a good news story.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Still catching up, not quite sure why the sets have been chopped up as they have. The Beat to 23 minutes and Hollie Cook to one song and an interview, presumably they played for longer on the day. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5422
    Nice to hear a bit of new material from Public Service Broadcasting. They are much better in theatres/inside/at night when the visual element of their show is stronger... but still a cool band doing something a little different.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    I enjoyed the Nigel Kennedy thing far more than I thought I would.

But i was bored by Noel G, who
    looked as bored as I felt and his guitar player looked even more bored.
    Liam was dreadful - someone needs to break it to him that he looks daft doing the ‘picking a fight’ routine at the beginning of his set, plus all the matching powder has made his voice sound like a child’s whinge... oh and try pitching songs in keys you can reach. And then try singing on key...

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11756
    impmann said:
    try pitching songs in keys you can reach. And then try singing on key...

I wrote that down on my notes for the Woking jam.

I might have a couple of issues...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...