Whatever happened to the Katanas? *edit* now NAD

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9682
    edited July 2018
    grungebob said:
    Anyone tried pedals into the amp yet? I hate it’s drive sounds and was wondering how it’s take some dirt pedals?
    Agreed about the drive sounds. Not dreadful, but when Boss make a point of letting us know how faithfully they reproduce the sounds of their actual pedals then they do somewhat raise expectations. To my mind the modulation effects are worse than the drives (presumably due to the lack of adjustable parameters). Sorry, that makes it sound like a bad piece of equipment (which it most certainly isn’t). At £170ish there really is nothing to complain about - the amp itself is fantastic, but sadly the effects don’t quite live up to the hype (IMHO of course).

As an aside, has anybody downloaded any of the ‘hidden’ amps yet? And are they any good? I’m quite fancying seeing if there’s something ‘tweedy’ or ‘blackfacey’ in there.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3324
    I hooked mine up to the tone studio and with some tweaking of eq for each channel plus some global eq changes I’ve got a nice plexi and rectifier tones so I’m a happy bunny. I was missing that chunk/chug from palm mutes but it’s there now. 

You can can also edit the effect parameters a bit here to so it’s worth doing. 

Whats this about hidden amps or are or are you taking about the V2 software that let you have 4 presets?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    I’ve downloaded the ‘sneaky’ amps. Lots more options on there, and there’s also a great patch website where you can download all sorts of things. What I like is that you can download any old thing, and if you don’t like it, can swap it for something else in seconds.
    Oh right, care to point me in the direction of said sneakyness?
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    edited July 2018
    grungebob said:
    Anyone tried pedals into the amp yet? I hate it’s drive sounds and was wondering how it’s take some dirt pedals?
    Yes, for the last few weeks at my local jam thingy I've used the Katana's built in effects. This week I used pedals (a Boss Blues Driver and an MXR Phase 90) and the improvement was huge.
    Also, check out the 'sneaky' tuner... 

;-)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    HAL9000 said:
    Also, check out the 'sneaky' tuner... 

;-)
    That's mean.. given today is 25th July!!!!!
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?